Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alpine A110S

Mike_993 said:
991.2GTS said:
Thanks for the pics. The Abyss Blue does look good, similar to Iris Blue looking at the pictures. The only problem is it doesn't appear to be an option for the S. The launch colour for the S is the Matt thunder grey, which is a £4.5k option. How it can be deemed a launch colour when they want to charge that for it, is beyond me. That's the only outrageous option though, everything else either comes as standard or is reasonably priced.

Hadn't clocked the S version, more power, cup chassis and some other extras.
Seems that's the one to go for budget permitting.
Did you do a test drive?

Not yet. Going to a launch event in Manchester next Sunday, hoping to have a go in one then.

I looked at the standard model last year, and was tempted. But when the S came along, it made more sense. All the reviews I've read/watched, have been overwhelmingly positive, so I'm hoping for great things.

I love a zingy lightweight 4 cyl, but its odd how everyone lambasts the 718 for being a 4 cyl, yet seem to not mind it in the Alpine.

Maybe Porsche trend-setting again?

Robertb said:
I love a zingy lightweight 4 cyl, but its odd how everyone lambasts the 718 for being a 4 cyl, yet seem to not mind it in the Alpine.

I think the move away from 6 was always going to be an issue for the 718. Especially the noise, when compared with the 981.

The power to weight ratio might make people more forgiving of the Alpine. The Cayman S is 235hp per tonne, and the A110S is 262hp per tonne. And once you've specc'd a Cayman S to match what comes mostly as standard on the Alpine, it's about £3-4K more expensive by my reckoning.

991.2GTS said:
Robertb said:

I think the move away from 6 was always going to be an issue for the 718. Especially the noise, when compared with the 981.

The power to weight ratio might make people more forgiving of the Alpine. The Cayman S is 235hp per tonne, and the A110S is 262hp per tonne. And once you've specc'd a Cayman S to match what comes mostly as standard on the Alpine, it's about £3-4K more expensive by my reckoning.

Interesting stats. I get the whole 6 cylinder bit with my 993 and daily BMW however the 718 in both forms is a superb machine. I do however find the niche element of the Alpine quite appealing.

..not sure I could spend£50 odd k on a flammable Renault :floor:

GMG said:
..not sure I could spend£50 odd k on a flammable Renault :floor:

Not sure anyone is spending £50k on a Renault, flammable or otherwise.....
Alpine is and always will be a standalone brand, affiliated very closely with (and now owned by) Renault, but this is definitely not a Renault. In the same way a Matra Ranchero wasnt an Alpine despite being built by Alpine in the same factory as the A610...

...the Ranchero was a turd but the Bagherra looked good to these eyes...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back