Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Snowdonia

Great stuff. I'll post my actual route, as I'm not sure of the road numbers,I'll check tonight.
Is there a 'Great driving roads" section on this forum?

Cheers,

Rich. 👍😜

This was my route, amazing scenery and a great drive!

Attachments

• f86a2a74_51fd_4e7d_a9c0_54a8d9e609e6_695.jpeg
    f86a2a74_51fd_4e7d_a9c0_54a8d9e609e6_695.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 3,643
Great pics. Thanks for posting the route. :thumb:

Stoddy said:
There's actually a new one out for around £350. It's 2.7k but still very good and very compact.

Rich

Just found it cheers. The Mavic Mini.

Casey Neistat has just done a vid on it, including a comparison against the Mavic Pro.
(Anyone interested skip to 4 minutes for the actual footage etc. Or watch the full thing as Casey is always good anyway.)

https://youtu.be/N9NH0Jqh7Is

It looks ace. I'm adding it to my shopping list. :thumb:

Just make sure you look up the drone code. The CAA are coming down hard on drone users without their PFCO (Permission for commercial operations)
If it's purely a hobby, that's one thing, if you sell any footage, that's another. Worth checking out so you don't get un stuck with any safety issues too.
Otherwise, a drone is perfect for documenting your favourite drives!
Rich

:)

Hiya.

Great photos. My drone is not good enough for shots like that. It ended up in a cow field on our last road trip.

I'm in South Wales right now. Heading back to North London tomorrow.

Can you recommend a nice twisty mountain route? We did the North to South coast today and are in St David's in Pembrokeshire. Forecast looks better for tomorrow so hoping to make the best of the route home.

I'm just out at the moment, let me get back and I'll have a look. Starting with the A470 will be a good start!

Rich.

Thanks Rich.

Basically, get to the A470 heading North, then hit the A40 back to the smoke!

There are some nice coffee shops in Monmouth.

Enjoy!

Rich.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Attachments

• e92db214_1be5_44ef_a632_b342098877c4_963.jpeg
    e92db214_1be5_44ef_a632_b342098877c4_963.jpeg
    694.2 KB · Views: 1,873
Thanks Rich

I'll let you know my final route tomorrow.

This is no been added to your route advice

A4069 Black Mountain Pass

Also known as 'the Top Gear road', after Jeremy Clarkson was filmed driving it, this swooping mountain pass is a favourite with car magazine test drivers, bikers and motorists........

We plan to go up this Saturday to Llanberis and back in one day.
I will stay on the A5 for as long as possible (I think the GT4 carbon seats comfort will be the limiting factor).
Forecast for heavy Rain so will be taking it easy and will post pics on return.

finally made it!

Attachments

• img_6599_629.jpg
    img_6599_629.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 463
TurboSandGT4 said:
finally made it!

:thumbs:

I'm assuming both the cars are yours. Who piloted each car :?:

Did you switch? How did each compare?

TurboSandGT4 said:
finally made it!