Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Well done Lewis

T8

Super Moderator
I know that I'm in a minority in feeling really pleased about Lewis Hamilton achieving his 6th World Championship but am still surprised to be the first one to say "Congratulations Lewis" on here.

I'm looking forward to him having a decent battle with several others next year and if he can do it again I'd really hope he'd win a few more people over.

Good luck to the bloke, he will go on to become a legend in F1 :thumb:

And he'll be able to buy himself another set of diamond earrings now :roll:

T8 said:
I know that I'm in a minority in feeling really pleased about Lewis Hamilton achieving his 6th World Championship but am still surprised to be the first one to say "Congratulations Lewis" on here.

I'm looking forward to him having a decent battle with several others next year and if he can do it again I'd really hope he'd win a few more people over.

Im also in that minority then, he seems to be much maligned on platforms... its maybe due the fact that there are a lot of people out there that like to shoot down someone who does well despite , nay maybe because of humble background ... I say Well Done to all "the Hamiltons" ... there is a family story of courage & dedication in there ......they deserve credit more than many ' Silver spoon' , upper class twits that we in Britain seem to tolerate ( and in many cases, look up too, not by me tho ) more than we should ....

Well done Lewis......!!

Edit to add , that I got up at 0100 in the morning where I am to watch him win his 6th Championship !

Great work by Lewis and his team!👍

I dont think he gives his father the respect he deserves & what he has done for him. His dad was being interviewed by Martin Brundle & it was a bit disconcerting to hear him say that he was going to be watching the race on TV in the UK but got a late call telling him to get over to the States. Its not as though he wasn't about to win the title. Perhaps Lewis PR department are more clued up about bad publicity than he is

I think LH is a tw@t. And I also think F1 after the first lap is boring as feck!

:weed: :whistle:

It's an impressive thing to do getting 6 championships and to do it without cheating, (Senna, Vettel, Schumacher) I can only see him getting another as the cars will be very similar next year, depending how the regulations change for 2021 he may even get to 8 in the next few seasons.

Lewis

I agree Norfolk. Hopefully Lewis had a good celebration dinner on his Vegan sauasages last night! Seeing as he thinks that is going to save the planet :nooo:

All time great and much better than Schumacher who's team mates were playing second fiddle from the first race of the season. Once Mercedes binned that biased No 1 driver idea he was often second best to Rosberg who had to retire after his title win against Hamilton car failures. I haven't forgotten some cheating (Monaco) from Rosberg either, although I think that happened in a different year to his title win.

The best ever but he's British and we love to give our over achievers a good jealousy laden kicking. Yes he probably is a bit of a twat but what a driver.

Hamilton will need to retire before his greatness is acknowledged as it should be.

Seems to me that anyone who wants to get to the very top of any global sport or business is not going to do it by being a nice well balanced 'good bloke'. Self centred, single minded, egotistical characteristics are always there, but they go with an outrageous talent and a heck of a lot of sheer hard work.

Unfortunately Britain seems to be populated by many who want to reduce everything to the lowest level, and take pot shots at anyone who sticks their head above the parapet.

'nuff said - brilliant result for Lewis, brilliant result for Mercedes. Nice to have something to celebrate when everything else seems to be heading for the bottom of the pit.

Better go and take my pills!

We Brits should be celebrating in vast numbers. He is young, black and British and one of our own who has achieved greatness. He even has a bulldog that wears a Union Jack coat.

......but wait.

Personality, warmth, sincerity, doing the right thing for and by your family, being genuinely humble and coming across as a thoroughly decent and caring guy makes the British public, racing fans and the F1 circus warm to you.

Senna and Schumacher were animals inside a race car but outside it they were champions in so many other ways without trying.

IMO Lewis(sadly) will only really be remembered as a talented racing driver and as the guy who equalled or beat a record set by another talented racing driver.

That may be enough for some people and if it is that is perfectly fine👍

Whether he is good bloke or not is actually irrelevant. Last time I checked, there aren't any bonus points for being a good egg. What we are witnessing is history in the making, and that should applauded. He has done something that only one other person has ever achieved.
It puts into context the Vettel years, where it was obvious that Webber played second fiddle to the Finger from the teams perspective. Rosberg was allowed to attack as ultimately it helps the brands German image, but there is always going to be politics in sport, and Lewis manages to ride the political landscape better than the rest.
On average, he is world champ every other year of his F1 career. Outstanding.

FZP said:
Whether he is good bloke or not is actually irrelevant. Last time I checked, there aren't any bonus points for being a good egg. What we are witnessing is history in the making, and that should applauded. He has done something that only one other person has ever achieved.
It puts into context the Vettel years, where it was obvious that Webber played second fiddle to the Finger from the teams perspective. Rosberg was allowed to attack as ultimately it helps the brands German image, but there is always going to be politics in sport, and Lewis manages to ride the political landscape better than the rest.
On average, he is world champ every other year of his F1 career. Outstanding.

As a driver he certainly is but I think what people are saying is that the jury's out on the rest of the package.

Maybe he should visit a teen cancer support group to get things into perspective

I find these types of LH comments frankly bizarre and attention seeking. Some may think he is a bit of a divvy after reading this kind of stuff from someone who tells us to eat veggie and wants to save the planet before bombing around the world in a fuel guzzling private jet everywhere.

Despite his success, Hamilton has spoken out about how tough 2019 has been for him.

'I try to show people that, from the outside, things always look great but it's not always the case," said the 34-year-old.

'I am struggling with lots of different things and battling certain demons."

He gets a congratulations from me for winning 6 world titles.

Nothing more to say......can't be bothered.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back