Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Snowdonia

Stoddy

Did this today, Evo triangle and a jaunt up the 470 and A5.
Gorgeous day for it!

Attachments

• 3eb57a7c_5b00_4a0d_bff2_2f75664a13d5_210.jpeg
    3eb57a7c_5b00_4a0d_bff2_2f75664a13d5_210.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 4,063
Wales was stunning.

Attachments

• 7f180122_c89a_4a93_aa4d_711c358009cc_681.jpeg
    7f180122_c89a_4a93_aa4d_711c358009cc_681.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 4,052
Do you own a drone??! How've you got those awesome shots?

Or have you (which I'm hoping is the case!) left your missis atop a hill to take that shot!!

Love the first photo. Stunning. Must get out driving over there at some point.

Ha!

Great idea using the mrs but it's actually a drone.
Really lovely day, just me and Henry.

:thumbs:

Great picture.......only problem been now I need a drone obviously!!

So despite some now thinking the Evo Triangle if off limits due to average speed cameras and heavy policing it all looks fine?

Details on the drone please. I'm told you need to spend a monkey to get a decent one :dont know:

Great drone pics Stoddy.

Zingari said:
So despite some now thinking the Evo Triangle if off limits due to average speed cameras and heavy policing it all looks fine?

I drove the EVO triangle for the first time in June and had a great time. If you dawdle on the straights whilst taking in the scenery you can get your thrills on the fast curves and through the twisties without exceeding the 60 mph average.

It does take a lot of will power so after the first time I found it 'safer' to stop a couple of times and take photos. :D

eg. I bet my average since the previous camera would have triggered something if I hadn't stopped here.

I did exactly that, having said that 60mph was a good speed, I tend to be overly cautious as you never know when theres a gaggle of cyclists round the bend. 👍

Amazing shots. 8)

Is it a case of taking video footage and the pics are stills from that, or is there a photo mode?

It's the dji Mavic 2 Pro, so there's a photo mode too.
You could use video stills as it's 4K which is pretty cool!

Rich. :)

It is indeed very cool. 8)

I doubt I'd get the most from one but I'd definitely like one one day. It's a fair chunk of money but I suppose it's not bad at all, compared to what we spend on our cars. :thumb:

There's actually a new one out for around £350. It's 2.7k but still very good and very compact.

Rich

May I make a suggestion.......the B5105 from Ruthin to Cerrigydrudion which leads to the Evo triangle is a fine stretch of road that is more about precision than speed.

The part of the A543 that carries on from the triangle to Denbigh is still pretty good, if a tad dangerous.

If you continue to Bodfari, there is an excellent pub called the Dinorben Arms.

https://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/dinorbenarms/menus/daily-menu/

It has superb views across the Vale of Clwyd.

Continue from there to Mold. Great road but take care, it has a high accident rate and can be busy (a fair few road junctions to be cautious of)

On the triangle itself, Llyn Brenig has a cafe in the Visitor Centre and some great walking if you fancy a stretch of your legs. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back