Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan Turbo - Potential Purchase

j1220

Hi All, I have located a car which is a an acceptable spec. Its 2017 (17) 1 Owner car 15K miles and still has 4months Porsche warranty outstanding. Its been service 2.5K miles ago and a clean bill of health.
Couple of questions:
Should I get a PPI done by Porsche (I would have to pay for this)? Is it best to get the current owner to extend the warranty to do it closer to expiry? is there anything I need to be looking out for?

Secondly, I have an option of a 2016 (66) GTS, 2 owners, similar mileage, 18months Porsche warranty. Same spec as Turbo less Sports Chrono. I would save £3k this option. Is it worth considering?

Thanks

As regards things to look out for, I've had two, a 16 plate Diesel S and an 18 plate GTS, and I never had an issue with either. I put 1k a month on them and had them both 15 months. I'm just about to take delivery of a Turbo, so can't comment on that yet, but I'm expecting great things.

I'd go with the best you can afford, so the Turbo gets my vote.

Normally i would just say get a ppi check done ..

In this case .. one has just been serviced by Porsche with no faults and the other has 18 months of Porsche warranty left so i dont feel its needed .

GTS would be my favourite of the two .

deMort said:
Normally i would just say get a ppi check done ..

In this case .. one has just been serviced by Porsche with no faults and the other has 18 months of Porsche warranty left so i dont feel its needed .

GTS would be my favourite of the two .

Firstly thanks for the input.

I feel same about the PPI.

Any particular reason why you would choose the GTS? (only reason I ask is to make a informed decision about my purchse)

For me main reasons against the GTS:
1. Less Power
2. No Sports Chrono
3. When the revised GTS is launched current model will take a bit of a hit whilst I feel the Turbo has already taken the hit from the introduction of the new model.

991.2GTS said:
As regards things to look out for, I've had two, a 16 plate Diesel S and an 18 plate GTS, and I never had an issue with either. I put 1k a month on them and had them both 15 months. I'm just about to take delivery of a Turbo, so can't comment on that yet, but I'm expecting great things.

Thanks for you input.

Would you say its is worth getting an extended warranty or as the cars a reliable its best to keep the money I would pay for warranty set aside for any complications?

j1220 said:
991.2GTS said:

Thanks for you input.

Would you say its is worth getting an extended warranty or as the cars a reliable its best to keep the money I would pay for warranty set aside for any complications?

Good question. I've never extended the warranty, but for peace of mind I probably would. I think there are some stipulations though, it has to pass the 111 point test, you can only service it through an OPC, and ensure there are no after market mods or third party parts etc.

Just extended the warranty on my GTS. Mainly for resale purposes as I very much doubt it'll break down. Put a deposit down on the new GTS (when it comes out) Excellent cars btw :thumbs:

I'd certainly go for the Turbo as no Sport Chrono on the other. Drove the Diesel S version and the sport chrono transformed the car from a docile kind of thing to an exciting ride. If it's the same then you may be disappointed.

PPI would not bother with if it's been serviced at Porsche.

Sport chrono can be (and often is) specced on non turbo models. The GTS has sport mode as standard. I chose not to spec sport chrono on the GTS. It's not a sports car and it's mainly the wife's chariot. I couldn't see the point. I won't be getting on the next one either.

But I will be getting surround camera's! I dropped a bollock there. And I'm toying with the idea of PCCB's as they're relatively cheap on the configurator compared to retro fitting.

Well!!!

not sure what to make of this.

I had arranged to meet the seller at 10:30 this morning. We had already finalised the price over the phone and subject to viewing I had intended to make the purchase. I sent him a message telling him I would be 45mins late. He called back saying he's not going to be in as he has got work to do and he cant wait round all day for me!

Am I at fault here? or am I expecting something out of the ordinary? the transaction is over £50k and the whole process of going over the car, hpi checks, payment transfers etc etc could up to 2 hours at least.

Not happy!!

Stroppy b@st@rd! Thought he could have rearranged another time and not been so rude.

Brick his windows and run off :lol:

Hmm, depends.

Has there been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between you?
Maybe he's got to the point where he thinks you are wasting his time...

Some people just don't have the patience for it.

Update: Had a call from the seller with an apology. He had too much going on and lost the plot.

On the fence now about a re-scheduling a visit ☹️

j1220 said:
Update: Had a call from the seller with an apology. He had too much going on and lost the plot.

On the fence now about a re-scheduling a visit ☹️

I wouldn't worry about his wee diva strop. You'll never see him again. If you like the deal, do the biz.

Then brick his windows :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back