Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mpg average, hows your car doing?????

Rik b

Trainee
I drive a 02 C2 with 85k. My average mpg is 21.5.
Is this about normal?

Rik b said:
I drive a 02 C2 with 85k. My average mpg is 21.5.
Is this about normal?

I am afraid it is just impossible to say as there are too many variables! It suggests to me that you are on the enthusiastic side as a driver, but nothing wrong with that!

Thanks J Boy
I'll take that as a compliment 😂

I am ave about 18.5mpg using Vmax . :grin: :thumb: but I do find the bigger the grin the lower the mpg :grin:

First time post and all that :D (edit ok maybe 2nd)

I've averaged 22mpg 2004 C2 Tip over the last 3000 miles - mostly A / B roads and DC

Normal. Mostly dependant on the traffic you drive in and not how much you floor it.

I aim for 24 but usually end up between 21 to 23.

996.2 C4 convertible, done 4000 miles since I got it in May av. 25.5

Had my son following me on a 200 mile ride. He's just passed his test so we kept it below 70mph on m/ways. I averaged 31mpg on that run.

Last Sunday followed the North Eastern guys on a blast across the Pennines - my guess is I was well below 20mpg for that run.

4S manual, driven normally on relatively congested country roads... an indicated 23-25 mpg.

Motorway journeys... 30-32, or more in ideal conditions.

But I drive like a nun with 9 points on her license :oops:

Not a fekkin clue with the turbo, I daren't look. Don't care either.

The only vehicle I associate with mpg is my Vito van. And it does >40mpg :thumbs:

Norfolk & Idea said:

The only vehicle I associate with mpg is my Vito van. And it does >40mpg :thumbs:

Merc C class cranks out 48 whatever I do with him. Herman averages 17 :oops: Fuel economy doesnt really matter in a 911 lets be honest, however the main reason I crave an early 991 turbo S is the 29.1 mpg combined figure for pretty much the fastest road car available, absolute witchcraft!

Norfolk & Idea said:

Love that !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back