Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Iris Blue Metallic C4S

Fulla's car proves my point. The devil is in the detail and p[rovenance where a true enthusiast has owned it.

Most 993 buyers will dismiss it having looked at the odometer causing their april to miss a beat :roll: Potential therefore for some lower offers into it as you now may know than most :grin:

My Iris C4S has just gone to my Indie to be sold, cracking car, been serviced pretty much every year of its life(on its 2nd service book), huge detailed history file.
A few cosmetics need doing but will be sorted prior to sale.
It's just completed a run down to the Alps with Zingari and a few other 911UK folk faultlessly 👍

105k miles but best part of 20k less than the Harbour car.

I'll pm you my details in case it's of interest.

Crikey I used to think I was a professional car buyer/changer but you and Harrie have shown me up as an amateur :grin:

Hats off my mistake was clearly to have just a 993, you'll have the 991 when the smell of old socks gets you down!

On a serious note that will be a great combo, just avoid Jonttt's blue interior mistake at all costs :eek: and make sure the Colini stick highlights any potential issues...

Edit. In fact can you get an interior that isn't blue :eek:

Trantorman said:
991.2GTS said:
I've been looking at 993's and I've seen one I'm keen on here:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910213525171

I love the wider body on the 4S and am I right in thinking this shares the same suspension and brakes as the turbo, as well as the body shell?

The price is a bit higher than I'd planned on spending, but the mileage is relatively low.

Does anyone know this car? Or have any other thoughts? Anything else I should be wary of with a 993 4S?

If your looking for a well sorted C4S that has had all the work done on it, give Mike at Ashgoods Sports and classic a shout, he has my Polar silver car, at a bargain price, its had, Brakes, suspension, Chassis legs, engine reseal and loads of other bits done on it.
Cracking car which i had not expected to sell, but he dangled something special in front of me and I dealt.
PM me if you want the details on the car.

That looks like a cracking car, if I can get the right cost to change on my cab I will be interested in buying it

Nij4 said:
Trantorman said:
991.2GTS said:
I've been looking at 993's and I've seen one I'm keen on here:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910213525171

I love the wider body on the 4S and am I right in thinking this shares the same suspension and brakes as the turbo, as well as the body shell?

The price is a bit higher than I'd planned on spending, but the mileage is relatively low.

Does anyone know this car? Or have any other thoughts? Anything else I should be wary of with a 993 4S?

If your looking for a well sorted C4S that has had all the work done on it, give Mike at Ashgoods Sports and classic a shout, he has my Polar silver car, at a bargain price, its had, Brakes, suspension, Chassis legs, engine reseal and loads of other bits done on it.
Cracking car which i had not expected to sell, but he dangled something special in front of me and I dealt.
PM me if you want the details on the car.

That looks like a cracking car, if I can get the right cost to change on my cab I will be interested in buying it

I'd trade Herman for that what a beauty :thumb:

IMG_14825-medium.jpg

IMG_14815-medium.jpg

Stunning. Aside from the blue steering wheel it's beautiful. I'd even forgive it being all wheel drive. Good price too. Looks good value too.

Fatboy74 said:
My Iris C4S has just gone to my Indie to be sold, cracking car, been serviced pretty much every year of its life(on its 2nd service book), huge detailed history file.
It's just completed a run down to the Alps with Zingari and a few other 911UK folk faultlessly 👍

Thanks for the heads up. Got the pm, I'll be in touch if I need more info.

Lay off blue steering wheels, my 993 is feeling picked on!

Attachments

• sw_121.jpg
    sw_121.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,806
Choices choices, one thing is for certain whichever 993 you chose its not a bad place to put your money.......even 'spending money" on these in maintenance is cheap and despite the doommongers they are only going to get rarer and more desirable, the WB NA 993 ie without the spoiler, is one of THE best looking road cars every made :worship:

Poetry in motion ......

RjVSZIq.gif

Fatboy74 said:

I can concur, it's a lovely car just needing a touch of body cosmetics in the usual places. Interior is mint and the owner has OCD :thumb: Just don't get caught letting it idle in a German residential street mistaking a bollocking from an elderly fraulein for admiration over the exhaust note :what:

Any of the 3 cars look like a great buy. You really are spoilt for choice.

Love my blue steering wheel with marble grey interior, yes would never chose such a thing in a more modern motor, but it's of its time!

Iris Blue was the new colour when the 993 launched apparently, and iris with marble interior was a popular combo.

spongebob squarepants said:

:eek: You tried that once. It wasn't nirvana and your 're-connection' with the 993 ownership experience lasted days rather than years :hand:

Zingari said:
spongebob squarepants said:

:eek: You tried that once. It wasn't nirvana and your 're-connection' with the 993 ownership experience lasted days rather than years :hand:

True but I'm craving another :grin: :eek: If only they came in yellow

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back