Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan Retro Fit

j1220

Hi, after doing some searching for a 911 c2s, I cam e accros a the Macan Turbo. Went to have a look at one and really like these cars. The car I have seen is perfect spec apart from Lane Keep Assist. It has the 8T3 Adaptive Cruise control and 9Q6 Speed Limit Indicator. Is is possible to get the Lane Keep Assist fitted from a Porsche dealer or indi?

Thanks

J

j1220 said:
Hi, after doing some searching for a 911 c2s, I cam e accros a the Macan Turbo. Went to have a look at one and really like these cars. The car I have seen is perfect spec apart from Lane Keep Assist. It has the 8T3 Adaptive Cruise control and 9Q6 Speed Limit Indicator. Is is possible to get the Lane Keep Assist fitted from a Porsche dealer or indi?

Thanks

J

I've seen this retro fitted to Audi's so might be possible

If this is a must have then find a car with this spec, but do you really need some tech to keep you steering correctly :?:

Thanks for the replies.

After actually trying out this LKA its not a deal breaker.

The search continues.

It's funny, I specced it on our GTS and neither the wife or me like it and permanently switch it off!
Macan's are great cars though. Just put a deposit on the yet to be revealed GTS :thumbs:

Budget wont allow for a new car but looking at a 2 year old Turbo or GTS. Both seem to be around the price. Leaning more towards a Turbo as its got more power and if i'm right in understanding a Turbo specced with Air suspension can use the low ride height to match the stance and ride of the GTS.

Is there any other pros/cons of a Turbo vs GTS?

thanks

J

j1220 said:
Budget wont allow for a new car but looking at a 2 year old Turbo or GTS. Both seem to be around the price. Leaning more towards a Turbo as its got more power and if i'm right in understanding a Turbo specced with Air suspension can use the low ride height to match the stance and ride of the GTS.

Is there any other pros/cons of a Turbo vs GTS?

thanks

J

The turbo does have more poke but I think it falls into the next level up road tax bracket and Insurance too. The Turbo's a 3.6 where as the GTS is a 3.0.
I've got the GTS and it's quite a thirsty beast. The turbo possibly more so.
I did ponder the Turbo due to it's extra power but I've got a 997.2 turbo which is barking fast, so got that box ticked.
Whichever you go for you'll be happy. Lovely cars and handle surprisingly well when you push on. My Mrs uses ours mostly (I'm mainly a van man) but I must admit I like a hoon in it from time to time :thumbs:

How is the power delivery on 997 vs GTS?

I tested the Macan GTS and Turbo and found both had a very smooth power delivery compared to a a friends C63S (2017) which was very raw and aggressive (must admit it is some machine)

j1220 said:

I tested the Macan GTS and Turbo and found both had a very smooth power delivery compared to a a friends C63S (2017) which was very raw and aggressive (must admit it is some machine)

Well obvs the 997.2 turbo is a different beast altogether. Particularly mine as its got ~600hp. But power delivery on it is fine. It can be a pussy cat when you nip to the shops but when you boot it in 'sport' mode it's an absolute riot.

Got the Macan as a practical household car. We really like it. Can't think what to replace it with other than another one. Bit boring but true. I was trying to persuade the wife to chop it in for an RS6 but she was having none of it. Once a woman gets used to high seated car there's no going back :)

j1220 said:

Well obvs the 997.2 turbo is a different beast altogether. Particularly mine as its got ~600hp. But power delivery on it is fine. It can be a pussy cat when you nip to the shops but when you boot it in 'sport' mode it's an absolute riot.

Got the Macan as a practical household car. We really like it. Can't think what to replace it with other than another one. Bit boring but true. I was trying to persuade the wife to chop it in for an RS6 but she was having none of it. Once a woman gets used to high seated car there's no going back :)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back