Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

spire clips/speednuts source ?

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
Does anyone have a good link for decent spire nuts or speednuts whatever you call them for the undertrays/liners only about 5000 hits on ebay when you search looking for some decent ones to replace all my rusty ones.

If anyone has the right sizes for these that would help :thumb:

I looked all over when doing the underside of my 993, I could not find a good alternative supplier. I stuck to Porsche in the end, not to expensive, the right sized component, I did bath them all in XCP rust blocker to prolong their life.

Cheers Andy

I have found that when sourcing hardware that so many online supplies turn out to be inferior quality for a relatively modest saving that buying from my OPC makes perfect sense in terms of quality, correct size, time taken to supply and durability.

If you look on PET most of the fasteners have the sizes listed, even the spire type screws, or check Autoatlanta's site, simply cross these over to Ebay.

From recent experience Porsche have seriously downgraded the quality of their fasteners, if not the price, they are certainly no better than competitively priced UK supplied items, avoid the cheap Asian rubbish.

I did buy the correct oem eccentric bolts for the rear arms, the quality of the new ones from Porsche was appalling compared to the originals.

The sliver factory coating on its bolts offers zero anti seize protection, I always add something better.

I managed to get these from Wurth. As good as the originals but for pennies and galvanised.

I ended up getting them from OPC at £0.39 +vat do you have a link to a source for the worth ones ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back