Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 997 Alternative Parts List

v6matt

After spotting a post about parts that are common across cars (but not common knowledge!), and having found this previously very useful on my old Maserati. (Note: Check these parts yourself, no liability e.t.c entirely at your own risk)

Let's get the ball rolling....

Rear number plate lights are VW, I got mine from carparts4less. I think the part number was 1J6943021B (About £9 instead of £16)

switchable exhaust vacuum actuator is similar to the 996 version, Designtek fits. (Thanks robertb)

997 suspension angled bearings - I strongly suspect *but cannot confirm* they are the same as used in Fiats (50700871) Supplied by SACHS 801 035 , Lemforder e.t.c. Again about half the price of Porsche parts.

(Thanks to cannop) - Door Lock Mechanism is the same as the MK5 Golf saving £200+

OEM Porsche Bump Stops are actually cheapest from Porsche, about £14 a pop (cheaper than ECP parts), but if you are ordering from Autodoc then they do the FAG 811 0098 30 (2x dust covers and 2x bump stops for £16)

OEM Tie Rod Ends are TRW JTE760 Gen 1 & 2

OEM Inner Tie Rods are TRW JAR1041 Gen 1 & 2

OEM Waterpump is a Pierburg 7.28015.02.0 Gen 1

OEM coilpacks are Beru ZS178 Gen 1

OEM sparkplugs are Bosch FGR5KQE0 Gen 1

OEM 997.1 tandem pump is a pierburg 7.00264.02.0 (Thanks Phil 997)

OEM 997.2 tandem pump is a pierburg 7.02388.18.0

Other ideas, but not a direct swap for original

(Thanks Hertsdriver) Eibach Pro lowering spring kit for PASM 997.1 has the part number E10-72-007-01-22, you can buy the springs separately a lot cheaper than buying the kit:
Front springs: 117200701VA
Rear springs: 117200701HA

No interest in an alternative part list? Maybe it would help if it was a sticky so it doesn't vanish after a day.

Looks like a very helpful thread... it would be interesting to know if there is much 996 crossover too.

I know for example the switchable exhaust vacuum actuator is the same for both, and the £50 Designtek version fits, with a little modification.

We need to merge this with the posts about door parts from a few weeks back.

Alternative Parts List is perfect sticky me thinks

I think it's a great idea :thumb: suggested it myself sometime ago! We have a similar thread on my Ducati forum, surprising how many parts are common to other vehicles! Good idea about the sticky too :thumb:

Thats great - Im a newbie and I would love a list like this.
Unfortnately I dont have much information of parts to add.

:worship:

997.1 tandem pump is a pierburg 7.00264.02.0 :thumb:
currently best price is frazerparts at£294 inc vat.. previous best price was at autodoc.

good idea for a sticky

Great to see there is some love for the idea,

I have just updated a couple of the new lines into the master

Matt,
911admin don't read all the posts so suggest you drop either admin or one of the mods a PM about getting it made a sticky as they may miss the request, and to me it seems like a reasonable thread to have as a sticky. as saving money on parts is quite close to most 997 owners hearts :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Matt,
911admin don't read all the posts so suggest you drop either admin or one of the mods a PM about getting it made a sticky as they may miss the request, and to me it seems like a reasonable thread to have as a sticky. as saving money on parts is quite close to most 997 owners hearts :thumb:

Done :worship:

not sure that this is going to be the best help but i was able to swap out a broken window motor for a part off an Audi A3 which saved me the best part of £100 for a second hand part. You need to re-use most of the unit i.e. the regulator and controller part but the motor itself just unscrews and swaps

you will need to check the numbers on the motor as they are all different for each model car / which side i think but if its just the motor that's gone use that part number rather than the whole unit

Great thread Matt. I agree, this needs to be a sticky one as can only be a good thing.
Out of curiosity, the switch in my door handle(The one that makes the window drop and raise) has gone on mine and I've not even had the chance to look for the OEM part, let alone a same/same for the OE. If someone has that it would be appreciated :thumb:

Keep up the good work

FZP said:
Great thread Matt. I agree, this needs to be a sticky one as can only be a good thing.
Out of curiosity, the switch in my door handle(The one that makes the window drop and raise) has gone on mine and I've not even had the chance to look for the OEM part, let alone a same/same for the OE. If someone has that it would be appreciated :thumb:

Keep up the good work
Microswitch Power windows

997 613 125 02

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back