Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best diagnostic and programming tool for a 997

Sondergard

Hi
If you should choose a diagnostic tool and programming tool for your 997 (have plans for swapping some parts like steering wheel to a 991 and other things)
Which tool would you purchase then?

I've seen PIWIS 3 but they are at 1.800usd with laptop (Chinese)
I have a PIWIS 2 open and not limited in time etc (original tool) for 1.100 euros.
Both including all hardware (and laptop)

Well there might be other options which I dont know about yet.
Note: We are two guys sharing it

BR
Ricky

You have piwis 2 already? Or you can get it for 1100 eur?
There is nothing better than piwis. I have durametric which is great for diagnostics but cannot program modules like piwis

darkhorse said:
You have piwis 2 already? Or you can get it for 1100 eur?
There is nothing better than piwis. I have durametric which is great for diagnostics but cannot program modules like piwis
No I dont have anything at the moment, but I would like to have one. And we are two sharing the tool, so cost is not so critical as if it was on me own :wink:

If you want something with good diagnostic capabilities and ( limited) programming capability at a very reasonable price ( ca 150 USD?) then you can't go past the Foxwell NT 510/520. Both models have the same Porsche capabilities, the only difference being the 520 can be used for other vehicles as well. I used it to e.g. disable the rear spoiler lift after fitting a ducktail

Piwis 2 is what i use along with autologic and Piwis 3 ...

Piwis 3 is for 2017 and upwards atm , it will do every car but more aimed at the newer ones .. its dam slow and i would advise against it .

Auto logic is subscription based .

If you can afford a Piwis 2 then that's the best option .. it is what OPC used until a couple of years or so ago .

Warning ..

You can do immense damage if you mess around with it .. do NOT touch programing or auto coding .. basically ask first :D

systech1 said:
If you want something with good diagnostic capabilities and ( limited) programming capability at a very reasonable price ( ca 150 USD?) then you can't go past the Foxwell NT 510/520. Both models have the same Porsche capabilities, the only difference being the 520 can be used for other vehicles as well. I used it to e.g. disable the rear spoiler lift after fitting a ducktail
Thanks for your suggestion - and the price makes it a must have.
I have bought the PIWIS

deMort said:
Piwis 2 is what i use along with autologic and Piwis 3 ...

Piwis 3 is for 2017 and upwards atm , it will do every car but more aimed at the newer ones .. its dam slow and i would advise against it .

Auto logic is subscription based .

If you can afford a Piwis 2 then that's the best option .. it is what OPC used until a couple of years or so ago .

Warning ..

You can do immense damage if you mess around with it .. do NOT touch programing or auto coding .. basically ask first :D
:grin: - Yes I will ask for your assistance before doing the programming.
But I have bought a PIWIS II with laptop an everything.

Attachments

• jpg_222_203.jpg
    jpg_222_203.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,973
deMort said:
Fair play .. get a USB extender to protect the port .. it stops future problems with the computer usb port .

you can now do everything i can :D

Thanks for that advice - better safe than sorry. I'll get an extender :)

Btw it looks like you have PET on there which is great for finding parts / part numbers .. have a look around to see if it also has Poses ..

Some of these units have that as well .. very useful .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back