Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CLASSIC , LOW MILEAGE & SORN Insurance

Jam911

Albert Park
So the time is finally coming, (in 2020 when current tax and Insurance expire) after nine years of daily driving to take my car off the road for the winter....

...so I am interested in what Garage Queens do in terms of classic or low mileage Insurance and am I covered whilst the car is SORN...

and of course I will be getting a battery conditioner ....

all info gratefully accepted thanks guys

Call me a cynic, but I would not be inclined to depend on what anyone said in a phone call to determine whether I had bought the cover I thought I had..

My car is insured with agreed value, limited mileage, and was stored for years thus without tax or MOT... I emailed my broker to explain that during that time I may also be working on parts of the car, thus the seats or any other part of it might be removed.... I wanted to be sure that It was covered in these circumstances. At least by email you have something in print, thus if push comes to shove you may have some evidence of the "conversation" re your cover...? Agreed value, yup I had to have it`s value re-assessed every three years..

From that which I have read, Insurance can turn out to be a minefield IF you have to make a claim, fortunately I did not.

Another vote for classic line :thumb:

jonttt said:

When i enquired with classicline they said that laid up cover was the same price as classic?

I am with Classic Line & just leave it on the standard classic cover when over the Winter.

I have a 968 Sport which is currently in storage. This is insured with Classicline (agreed value etc) and the annual premium is around half what the cost would have been if I was using it.

My C4S is insured with them too - they really are rather good.

spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:

When i enquired with classicline they said that laid up cover was the same price as classic?

Yes but you have a manchester accent :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back