Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Could the 997.1 GT3 be supplied with MF steering wheel/Bose?

C11BRA

Suzuka
Hello all.

I have some questions.

Could the 997.1 GT3 be factory ordered with any of the below:

Bose subwoofer
Heated comfort seats
Full leather comfort seats
Multifunction steering wheel

Does anyone have an option list for the 997.1 GT3?

I have seen this GT2 with 997.1 body but 997.2 interior switches? And the multi function wheel.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202592283864

My 997.1 GT3 CS has the "Sound Package Plus" option which is a speaker upgrade and sounds pretty good. Presumably this was the GT3 equivalent of the Bose.

I guess if you were ordering a new one back then and you insisted then Porsche would sell you full leather, heated comfort seats and Multifunction steering wheel, but I can't imagine anyone actually did that, so it's probably a rare beast if it does exist.

With regards to the car in your ebay link - 997.1 cars with 997.2 PCM etc are unofficially referred to as 997 Gen 1.5 whereby the newer PCM / switchgear was fitted to the last of the Gen 1 cars.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm guessing that your car doesn't have the Bose subwoofer on the rear shelf? This would obscure the GT3 badge if it did.

But like you said, If you insisted, Porsche would probably fit.

There was a transition model 997.1.5 for the turbo, later PCM but still Mezger. so perhaps same happened with GT2.

Anything like the MF ones fitted to the legendary Massey Ferguson tractor range - sorry, but your thread title had me for a second.

Attachments

• s_l500_400x4001_782.jpg
    s_l500_400x4001_782.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3,682
Not sure even Porsche would have agreed to that option. 🤪

Re: Could the 997.1 GT3 be supplied with MF steering wheel/B

C11BRA said:
Hello all.

I have some questions.

Could the 997.1 GT3 be factory ordered with any of the below:

Bose subwoofer
Heated comfort seats
Full leather comfort seats
Multifunction steering wheel

Does anyone have an option list for the 997.1 GT3?

I have seen this GT2 with 997.1 body but 997.2 interior switches? And the multi function wheel.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202592283864

I don't have the list, but from memory:
Bose : No. Either basic or "sound package plus" on both gen 1 and 2 but no Bose on either
Heated comfort seats : I am pretty sure that it was Sports seats or buckets only, but the sports seats could be optioned as heated.
Full leather comfort seats : again, I think it was only Sports rather than comfort but there was a full leather option for them.
Multifunction steering wheel : No, but no reason why it couldn't be retrofitted (note that on the gen 1 it is a completely different wheel and airbag but on gen 2 you can use the existing wheel with a different plastic T cover with the buttons on it).

squelch said:
I guess if you were ordering a new one back then and you insisted then Porsche would sell you full leather, heated comfort seats and Multifunction steering wheel, but I can't imagine anyone actually did that, so it's probably a rare beast if it does exist.

Not off of the options list, but for a big spender going to the Special Wishes department (now known as Porsche Exclusive) they will do just about anything if you let them charge you enough for it. Full leather heated sports seats and a leather rimmed wheel (rather than the default alcantara) is as close as you could get off of the menu IIRC. Actually more common than you would think on the gen 1 as they charged over £4k for buckets on that where they were standard (with sports seats a no cost option) on the 996.

Senoj said:
There was a transition model 997.1.5 for the turbo, later PCM but still Mezger. so perhaps same happened with GT2.

I am not 100% positive, but I thought that all 997 GT2s are MY2008 gen 1 cars and only the MY 2009 Turbo had gen 1.5 (as the 997.2 Carrera came out before the Turbo was updated)...? I could be wrong on that though.

EDIT : nope - I am wrong. There were indeed a handful of PCM3 GT2s at the end of the production. They were all supposedly built at the end of 2008, but some weren't registered in the UK until 2009.

Thank you Disco.

Brilliant answers.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back