Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 early C2 - Ownership/project thread (cobalt blue)

Thanks, just fancied some a bit harder looking and once I do all mods over the winter I think they will look loads better.
The silver doesn't really match the cars body colour.

Might try source a facelift rear bumper as well.

Attachments

• img_20191021_082647_116.jpg
    img_20191021_082647_116.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 4,566
Looks good Grahame,

Almost anything works with the ducktail. The lines of the 996 seem to allow most additions and modifications..

I like those. Bit too extreme for me to fit, as I'm boring these days, but I like them all the same. 8)

Fifteen52's ?

I like the Oulaw 001 they did with that scruffy bloke. :wink:

That front bumper should look nice. It's more like a mk2 GT3 one around the bottom, but the top fits mk1 headlights. Nice.
A definite vote for the .2 rear bumper too. It's such a subtle difference yet it makes a huge difference once you know. :thumb:

Yeah it's a MK2 style front. Going to try without skirts first. MK2 rear is just a little sharper. Good thing is all this is easily reversible so I can go back to stock.

Photo I got of test fit just placed on.

Attachments

• img_20191011_204151_847.jpg
    img_20191011_204151_847.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 4,412
New wheels look a bit like the larger version of Corrado Speedlines :D

coullstar said:
Yeah it's a MK2 style front. .

Any details on who makes this one? I assume its an aftermarket, and it looks really good plus that fitting shot seems to indicate the manufacture is half decent and won't need too much fettling to sort.

Asking as I'm after one :thumbs:

Decided against the 1552's already....... you *****! :floor:

I suppose you have got a wheel reputation round here to uphold :thumb:

Well reaching near the end of Jan and I had loads of plans with bits sitting to get swapped out. I'll be honest that has all literally been shelfed and Ive done sweet FA.
Sold the 1552 wheels. Sold the KW coils. The key fobs has lost the car as well so only working off the key in the door. Zero motivation on it right now. Just so damn busy with other things. Don't think its even been washed since October :lol: .

At it again....long story short I bought another set of wheels after having copious amounts of alcohol last Sat after the rugby. Woke up Sunday and saw some messages on eBay for wheel delivery. Couldn't remember buying them :lol:

Classic 90's design that I've always loved.

Attachments

• img_20200227_183739_379.jpg
    img_20200227_183739_379.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 3,112
  • img_20200227_183719_192.jpg
    img_20200227_183719_192.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 3,112
What a coincidence.
I was just talking to YK off here about cars and general stuff and I said 'I know exactly where I should have stopped chopping and changing cars. My 964 Turbo". (Nothing to do with values, simply I have the best memories with that car.)

It wore those very wheels

I'll be interested to see what they look like on a 996. Nice find. :thumb:
PS. Don't lose a centre cap. They're impossible to get now. Yours might take the genuine Porsche sized caps if you ever needed to use them.
Some of those Techart wheels though only take a Techart specific sized cap. Even though the wheels look identical to other Techart wheels that take the Porsche sized cap. It must depend on year or something.
Hopefully yours are Porsche sized as at least that gives you the option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back