Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anyone have a 997.1 with factory fitted Aero Kit?

C11BRA

Suzuka

Not dealer fitted, but fitted by the factory.

If so, I was wondering if Porsche removed the spoiler control switch from the set under the climate control panel.

As far as I can see, all 997's (inc Turbos) have the switch except GT3 & GT2 models.

Just exploring ideas.

Thanks in advance for any help.

C11BRA said:

Not dealer fitted, but fitted by the factory.

If so, I was wondering if Porsche removed the spoiler control switch from the set under the climate control panel.

As far as I can see, all 997's (inc Turbos) have the switch except GT3 & GT2 models.

Just exploring ideas.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The 997 GT2 and GT3 were fitted with a fixed wing which didn't require any involvement from the driver, hence no internal switches.

Agreed.

I just wondered if Stuttgart removed the spoiler switch if a client had specced the Aero Kit when placing the car order.

I have seen aerokit cars with the spoiler switch still in place. I would assume the switch is disabled though.

I have the factory fitted Aero Kit and I have the spoiler button,

Yes the button for the spoiler was left fitted when ordering the factory aero kit, as mine has it. :thumbs:

The easiest way to confirm this is with your friendly OPC, speak to them and tell them your thinking of buying a 997 and ask them to check it's build spec.

I've thought about using the button for something else to be honest, presuming the wiring is all there I'd thought about rigging it up to the fans under the boot lid so I could over ride them ?

That cobalt Blue 997 is the muts nuts just love it ,mines the same but with no aero kit ............but I want one

997 Mike

So. I conclude that the GT2, GT3 & GT3 RS were the only cars without the spoiler button.

That's interesting as I've just sourced a switch panel from a GT3 (without the spoiler button). Buttons that aren't needed irritate me.

C4Silver said:
The easiest way to confirm this is with your friendly OPC, speak to them and tell them your thinking of buying a 997 and ask them to check it's build spec.

I've thought about using the button for something else to be honest, presuming the wiring is all there I'd thought about rigging it up to the fans under the boot lid so I could over ride them ?

DM me if you need help with this. I've had the 2 switch packs apart and have drawn out the circuit boards for both types. I have the wiring diagram so I could tell you what is possible to re-use the spoiler switch.

Supersport Mike said:
That cobalt Blue 997 is the muts nuts just love it ,mines the same but with no aero kit ............but I want one

997 Mike

My last car was a Cobalt 4S with aero :D

And yes, it had the button :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back