Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kaege Retro 993- opinions, think I like this !

Check out www.kaege.de as they are the only company who currently backdate using a 993. :wink:

Good luck and subscribed.

C.

Thanks, I've seen the retroworks site and the kaege. Kind of where the thought came from to do a 993.

Still a lot of work to do and donor car price will make a difference too

PH5121 said:
There is a company who undertake such a conversion here in Yorkshire called 911 Retro Works.

Their 993 back date is outlined in the following

www.911-retro-works.co.uk/brochures/Retro Works 993 GTR Brochure.pdf

I've never seen any of their creations so can't vouch for them, and only heard of them in passing when I was told they back dated 993's which stuck in my mind (as a waste of a 993).

Rear arches and sills look so wrong... :eek:

C.

993 backdate

I think if you are wanting an early look car I would really not start with a 993. As others have said go 964 or earlier. If you want a 993 just make it with a nice stance and maybe RS look a likey!

I'm not liking the look of those 993's if I'm honest, there's not a great deal of thought gone into those rear arches and even less into the cut out rear cross member ?

Reminds me of of the Twisted Defenders, there's a few outfits trying to clone their work but no ones actually pulling off the level of detail and quality they are producing, it seems that stamping eyelets into the leather seats 'Singer" esque has become the standard in resto modding or back dating, not everyone's pulling it off though and the ones in that 993 look like something that were on the tents at scout camp in the 80's !
Not a good look....... especially when you can see the foam behind 😳

Do what you want Saturn :judge:

Your cash, your car :thumb:

Good luck with it :popcorn:

I think Club Autosport do backdate panels for 993s.

If you feel like doing it then go for it I say :bandit:

Go for it and keep us up to date with pictures, please!

Thanks all for the input so far.
I've not 100% committed to a 993 yet. Its still a work in progress and a lot of planning and research to do. Either way it'll be a 964 or a 993. But i have to pull it off as if it was designed that way or I won't be happy with it.

I'm sure I'll have a shed load more questions in the coming months

Saturn old bean, do whatever makes you happy. If it's a 993 you want to back-date then go for it I say. You don't want to invest all that time, effort and bunce and look at the thing wishing you'd stuck with a 993.

As others say it's more of a long winded process but nothing worth doing is ever easy, is it? Especially if it's a long-held brainchild dream.

I like the Kaege car; not quite my taste but a cool look. Better engine too :wink: That exhaust and rims are quite lovely and I like the lighter look of the dash. Can't stand it when these back-daters replace the Porsche badge though.. Obviously a Singer is a preferable route but who's got the money for one of those? And the waiting list is obscene from what I hear.

MattyR said:
I like the Kaege car; not quite my taste but a cool look. Better engine too :wink: That exhaust and rims are quite lovely and I like the lighter look of the dash. Can't stand it when these back-daters replace the Porsche badge though.. Obviously a Singer is a preferable route but who's got the money for one of those? And the waiting list is obscene from what I hear.

Agreed the Kaege one looks great (unlike the UK one which looks dreadful)

Singer waiting list is currently 24 months

What's a Singer build worth these days(excluding donor car) approx?

FZP said:
What's a Singer build worth these days(excluding donor car) approx?

My friend is paying £650k plus the donor

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back