Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New discs and pads

Silver2

Hi All

First post from a long time lurker. It's time for new from discs and pads and I'm looking at 3 options for my Gen 2 S.

All in costs from my Indy are:

Porsche parts - £750
Pagid - £450
Sebro/ATE - £500

Opinions and words of wisdom much appreciated.

Pagid are fine for road use.

Agree about Pagid.
I have original discs and replacement Pagid pads and wear sensors in mine.
No squealing or graunching.

You might need new wear sensors. They tend to suffer heat damage to the plastic fitting in the pad and can crack on removal.

New caliper to hub bolts ? (4 off)
Some say they're non-stretch so don't need replacing. I would, due to likely corrosion on the exposed thread.

Anti-squeal / anti-rattle shims can be peeled away from the old pads.
They adhere to the pad backplate with a self adhesive foam.
With the caliper off the hub, it may be a good idea to replace these if necessary.
In any case, a good opportunity to clean the old ones if not replacing.

The bolts are non stretch and no part other than the tip is exposed to the elements. I've never replaced them, I just torque them up when refitted.

Pagid are used by VW on their cars as standard. Textar are also good and more than adequate for road use.

I've just fitted Hawk Ceramic pads to my fronts to see if it cuts down on the dust.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back