Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Engine for my GT3.....

My G series is GO6 something, so should be okay. Will confirm I get another ten year warranty....

Thanks for the link and advice

The hump back bridge reminds me of a driver about 20 years ago who had a yellow Audi S3, tried jumping the gap between two hump back bridges ! There were quite a few spectators and I think it had been done before but not by a heavy lump like an S3,

Took off cleared the gap but fell short and instead of landing in the downslope he landed on the hump, wrote off the car, damaged the bridge and caused a right Old polava ! Some where North west Maybe Bolton or burley I think, near a canal ?

Any way, good to see you've got a warranty claim fulfilled by the manufacturer, try and stay away from the bridges tho now ?

Aikidoka said:
My G series is GO6 something, so should be okay. Will confirm I get another ten year warranty....

Thanks for the link and advice

You get another ten year warranty when they replace the engine? If that's true I might buy one and hope the engine goes.

no, you don't get another 10 years on the new engine
its 10 years from the cars manufacture date.

interesting....

few 2014 cars nearly at 5 years old now so only 5 years left.

no one can tell the future and hopefully the fix and current engine means the engine is sorted and no future issues.

otherwise 10 year old cars are going to be a challenge to take on then maybe.

Presumably a car which had engine work/a new engine from Porsche would have the issues rectified so shouldn't be a problem in the future, hopefully protecting used values.

Ironically, the cars which don't have any problems and thus have the original engines may be worth less.

...values of cars with original engines will surely suffer exponentially once close to or out of warranty because the cost of failure will make a rebuild to an m96/7 engine seem like small change!

Porsche says the 10 year warranty runs from replacement of the original engine, so only have another five year to run with the new engine....

And the strut tower issue. Wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, lovely looking car though, will be a brave man holding on to one after warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back