Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

remapping 987.2 at Wayne/chipwizards

adrian993

Monza
Has anyone done this and how are the results?

Mainly trying to have an idea about drivability and everyday use differences rather than max hp

planning to remap a largely stock car with maybe a header with high flow cat

Re-map

Hi,had my 996 done a couple weeks ago.Standard apart from a 3.7 Hartech conversion.Really smooth now with lots of torque. Mike.

Wayne remapped my 997.2 after my Harlech rebuild. I highly recommend him for the following reasons , He isn't interested in gadgets and max BHP if it affects other areas of the cars running my car already had a map on it from a known mapping co and he said it was a "typical generic refresh from someone who doesn't understand engines" it was running lean and advanced and he said it would have ended up giving me another engine problem down the line. his remap was not cheap and took time but was well worth it and I now know why he is in demand by the racing teams. my car now runs with a good power curve all flat spots gone and combined with my IPD TB/PLEN and 200cell cat exhaust it now runs beautifully and he has educated me that max BHP is only pub bragging rights and infact has little to do with getting the best power curve from an engine. :thumb:

I would understand for modded cars

But for a stock car would there be as much of a difference?

I would not want to sacrifice a single drop of the factory reliability for anything

Phil, I've used Wayne Extensively in the past, not on Porche's so I'd agree with your comments whole heartedly, Just wondering if the cars have thrown up an error message on the dash, I'd like some hi flow cats, and an aftermarket exhaust and also an IPD plenum so interested to hear your comments,

No errors on the dash, when I asked Wayne to fit and run the car with fabspeed carbon induction kit it lost power and had a error to do with the missing airbox. but nothing with the stock airbox.

My view is that Porsche are forced to compromise the optimum set up for the car due to having to meet various legislation across the planet. Whereas Wayne doesnt have those restrictions so he can infact tune the car to how the Porsche engineers would have had they been able to. a remap is noticeable when done as a standalone mod but even more so when combined with air in and gas out mods :thumb:

jonttt said:
Recent 987.2 and Wayne experience here.....

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=134751&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=92

In short:

- no point on a stock car with a stock map
- speak to him first if you have moded the car to see if he thinks he can add anything

That is interesting mate and similar to what Wayne said to me about not overdoing things and putting the car at risk. seems the gen1s have more to give on a remap especially a stock car , I found the same my modified gen2 didn't give the same increases as my gen1 did but I guess its because Porsche had already used more of what was available maybe the DFI engine was environmentally more friendly so the engineers could compromise less with it at the factory. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back