Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wayne Schofield Chipwizards: alternatives?

I done it a couple of years ago from Essex great drive up. started about 4am used the A1 . had a few issues with the car . so bus to Manchester and train to Essex back by 6pm and back the following week on the Saturday 6am first train . back to Essex by 3pm . for how he transforms the car its not a lot of money .the man is brill .and a great drive back .

after getting my 997.2 mapped by Wayne and listening to him explain how me previous remapped had got the car running lead and too advanced because it was just a typical refresh from someone who didn't understand these cars I personally wouldn't go anywhere else and I live in Bournemouth . if he needs the car for more than a day as he did with mine its easy to use Flybe from Manchester or Leeds to Southampton . I didn't even need the services of a translator while OOOOP NORF :grin: :grin:

jonttt said:
Noooo spend the day with Waynes whilst he does it, it really is part of the experience. His new place has a viewing window and you get to chew the fat with him over coffee etc......he is a really nice guy :wink:

Absolutely!!

Made the trip up to Wayne recently. Don't think I've ever spoken with someone so knowledgeable about engine electronics, combustion, 993's Varioram, IT and more, all rolled with an evident passion for what he does.

Spent the whole day there, chatting and seeing him work his magic. Before anything, he determined ignition coil was faulty, as well as vacuum unit and change over valve. Went to south of France and back with one ignition and one distributor off!!

Car had been on a dyno before with previous owner. Power was reportedly down. After over 135,000 miles, standard engine, no mods, it recorded 297hp with bad supermarket petrol. Wayne told me with octane recommended fuel and working parts, it'd do over 300hp easily. Needless to say that on the way down, it felt like I was driving another car, so responsive, despite faulty bits! After installing new ignition coil today, went for a quick drive, I'm astounded by how improved it is.

If you want your 993 to run better than what it was originally intended without spending and arm and a leg on a 3.8 engine, etc., make your way to Wayne. Impossible to regret it!

Another endorsment for Wayne, faulty vram solenoid located and 306 bhp with smoother pickup and improved midrange. The alternative is a Steve Wong chip, not cheap and not ideal. I had one pre Vram conversion and it did made a difference, but I only live 30mins from Wayne so post Vram the obvious choice.

Wayne is absolutely the very best and I would not go anywhere else - but wait a minute - I have just shot myself in the foot - please don' go there - I need his time and ability with our oversized engine conversions and future development work - so - on reflection - he is rubbish - keep well away please!

Baz

:floor:

bazhart said:
Wayne is absolutely the very best and I would not go anywhere else - but wait a minute - I have just shot myself in the foot - please don' go there - I need his time and ability with our oversized engine conversions and future development work - so - on reflection - he is rubbish - keep well away please!

Baz

:grin:

I'm a newbie to the 993 so my question is can Wayne make a difference with the Pre-Varioram cars mine is a 1994 C2? :?:

912Polo said:
I'm a newbie to the 993 so my question is can Wayne make a difference with the Pre-Varioram cars mine is a 1994 C2? :?:

Yes.....in fact from memory they have more scope for improvement in terms of BHP........remember its not all about BHP, Wayne removes a notorious 'flat spot", improves MPG (but its all relative, don;t expect 40mpg :grin: ) and improves the sound of the engine (yes really).......the bottom line is these were Porsches first real foray into electronic engine control / mapping and as Wayne would put it ..."they got it wrong"......he puts it right :thumb:

The other added advantage is that Wayne knows these engines so well that he will identify and show you any defects affecting engine performance after the first dyno run before he even really get started......in my case the solonoid AND vacuum divertor for the variorum was not working....in effect I had been running the engine without the varioram working and opening at 5k revs :oops: .....these engines are so forgiving that they may not be working optimally and owners don't even realise.......most 'tuners" would not even realise there is a problem as the way they work is so unique :bandit:

....in effect I had been running the engine without the varioram working and opening at 5k revs Embarassed .....these engines are so forgiving that they may not be working optimally and owners don't even realise.......most 'tuners" would not even realise there is a problem as the way they work is so unique...

Exactly my case, I am still to experience the Varioram properly at work, had same faulty parts. And there I was thinking what a phenomenal bit of kit it was, with an engine that wasn't working anywhere near it should...

Ignorance, as they say, is bliss. Once you drive away from Wayne, a whole new level of admiration develops for 993s.

Good to see Baz posting again, I missed his flights of wisdom.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back