Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrying stuff with a 911

Number21

Ultimately, a 911 is not a practical car for lugging stuff. Having mainly run 4wd Audis, Subarus, vans, and Golfs in the past, I was was never expecting the 996 to be a load-lugger, but nonetheless I'm determined it can match my lifestyle nearly as well as any of my more practical previous vehicles with a bit of ingenuity or compromise.

Having discovered it fits a lot in it if you've only got 2 people (full set of roof racks and two bike racks were swallowed behind the seats with ease), I'm now prepared to take this thing on bike trips, camping trips, maybe even ski trips if I can ever bring myself to drive to France or try Scottish skiing...

wwugvrS.jpg

This guy has taken it a bit to the extreme...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2W9hrglJcB/

What crazy stuff have people transported (successfully or not!) with their 911?

A 10' Christmas tree held by the passenger through the roof of a 964 Targa is the best one that I have.

I went camping in mine at the F1. Superb. I was camping on my own but with 2, no problems. The best part was finding in Woodlands Family tenting area that the guys had cut the grass of a hilly section to resemble Eau Rouge. I was rather pleased with that find :grin:
Hopefully next summer I get to do the real thing :thumb:

Full size twin ladders (roof down obviously).

Just remember if you go abroad, watch out for (supermarket) car parks with the height railing across the top to stop motor homes camping on there. My mate wrote his Volvo off as he drove through one and it crunched all his roof panel up.

I carried a 3m Christmas tree with my roof rails... and I had to use the 911 as I don't have rails for the other cars.

It amazes me how practical the 911 is - the amount of gear we fitted in for our last holiday was incredible.

It's just that sometimes you have to be a bit more creative. Like this guy :wink:

I can see the point but should it be done?

and this, well - it shouldn't be allowed, ever, anywhere, in any universe!!! :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back