Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dinslaken Porschefreunde Event 2020

T8

Super Moderator
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO SATURDAY 3rd OCTOBER.

New thread for that date is here --> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=139045&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Information for those that haven't been before.

Next year will be the 19th annual Porschefreunde meeting and as always it will take place at the Dinslaken Trabrennbahn Showground on 1st May - the traditional German Labour Day holiday.

In 2020 that day falls on a Friday but sadly does not coincide with the UK Bank Holiday Weekend. It does however mean that Saturday and Sunday can be part of peoples trip.

The event is, quite simply, a meeting of Porsche owners from all over Europe. There are trade stands but for the most part it's just an opportunity for Porsche fans to look at other peoples Porsches. Typically there's over 2000 there at any point during the day with some arriving and leaving early and some not getting there until the afternoon. How long you spend there is up to you - four or five hours is pretty typical.

When I first heard of the event the crowd that had been recommended the Tryp CentrO Hotel in Oberhausen as an ideal base as it is only 13 miles from the showground and offers great value for money and secure parking right opposite a wide selection of bars and restaurants in the CentrO park. I've stayed there for the last six years and for the last four years 911uk have virtually taken over the place over for 2 nights.

It's likely that various groups will end up planning various different trips next year but for those that haven't yet thought about it I've made some suggestions below.

Doing it in a day.

The direct route from Calais to the Dinslaken showground is 250 miles and will take around four hours to drive. Anybody going to the show for the first time would probably want to spend at least 3 hours there so doing it in a day would be a very long day out. UK Northerners might like to know that it's 131 miles (2 hours) from Rotterdam after arrival on the ferry from Hull.

The best 2-day option would be to travel on the Thursday to a local hotel and do the show on the Friday making the journey home straight afterwards.

For most a 3-day trip is more comfortable whereby the journey out could be done on day 1, the show attended on Day 2 and the journey home done on Day 3. Next year this would be a Thursday to Saturday tour.

The great thing about doing the trip on a more relaxed itinerary is that a decent stop at a scenic French or Belgian city would be possible en route or perhaps a 30 mile detour could be made to the superb Classic Remise at Dusseldorf. It's open every day from 8am (10am on Sundays) to 8pm and admission is free. Allow 2 hours for a first visit.

For those looking to combine the show with something else a little more significant Dinslaken is only 104 miles from The Nurburgring so if you fancy a couple of Touristfahren laps it's less than 2 hours away. The roads and Eifel Forest scenery around the area are superb.

4-day trip.

A bit further afield is the Porsche Museum at Zuffenhausen, near Stuttgart. From Oberhausen or Dinslaken it would take about 4 hours to cover the 261 miles to get there. Of course for an extended stay the scenic Black Forest (50 miles from Stuttgart) is fantastic and the roads form part of petrol-head heaven.

Every year there's of discussion about the various itineraries on the Road Trip Sub-Forum so if you're thinking of going you may want to take a look at them. There's also detailed reviews of all previous years trips.

For those that prefer things to be organised for them please note that Fast-Track Tours already have it on their website.

See Here -> https://fasttracktours.co.uk/

:D 8) :thumb: :thumbs: :thumb:
Can't wait :mechanic: :drive: :D

I think we can kick discussions off this Sunday at your Kent meet :lol:

Dates for 2019 just didn't work for me, I'll be there for 2020. :thumb:

The Tryp is already on Booking.com for the Thursday night at just £69, non refundable , or £92 refundable :floor:

1. FRP Faried. 996 turbo.

Hi guys, I was over in Oberhausen at the weekend for the end of season show organised by Ingo and his team that do the Dinslaken event.

The show in 2020 will be the last one at the current location, I'm led to believe that the Dinslaken track is being 'redeveloped"

The organisers also know they have outgrown the venue.

The event will move to Mullheim in 2021 if all goes to plan, this weekends event was a dry run, having been attending Dinslaken since 2013 the new location is just as good and even easier to reach from The Tryp hotel

The Centro and promenade were very busy , temp was 24+ and the bars were rammed, the day after the show we did Oberhausen, Calais, Folkestone to West Cumbria in one hit in my wifes 986

I would expect 2020 will be big if the weather plays along.

On a side note I got to drive Ingos much modified 964RS, lets just say he'll be needing a clutch sooner than later !

Cheers, Paul

I have just booked this, Tryp is just ripping us off, again 😡
https://www.expedia.co.uk/Essen-Hotels-Super8-By-Wyndham-Oberhausen.h35896661.Hotel-Information
Its located at the other end of a the promenade/bars so a good site
And includes
Parking
Breakfast
New hotel- great reviews
Free cancellation Up to 28th April 😳
£140 twin 'queen' room 2 night's
What's not to like
Currently I'm thinking 2 night's here, then 2nd may Nurburgring or Stuttgart or both 😬 probably 5/6 nights total trip :eek:

Sounds like a plan Paul

I am hoping to make it again this year will know better after xmas .As much as I like the tryp this is the second year they have inflated the prices then dropped them closer to the date as no one books . If we are changing hotel this year can we get a general consensus so we are all together as that for me is a big part of the trip . :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• 60347024_10161611395795431_3613496727908122624_n_101.jpg
    60347024_10161611395795431_3613496727908122624_n_101.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9,178
100% agree Phil. I will call the Tryp later today and ask what concessions they can provide

It's about the people for me too. Any bacon butties are a bonus

FRP said:
100% agree Phil. I will call the Tryp later today and ask what concessions they can provide

Before you do ............

Longers (Fast-Track Tours) has offered to contact the Tryp to see what Group Prices he can obtain for Bed, Breakfast + Car Parking.

It may be an idea to see what he can negotiate before we all start doing our own thing.

It seems likely that most people will want to be in Oberhausen for the Thursday night. Some may want to go back there for the Friday.

Noted

RUDDY said:
The event will move to Mullheim in 2021 if all goes to plan, this weekends event was a dry run, having been attending Dinslaken since 2013 the new location is just as good and even easier to reach from The Tryp hotel

Thanks for this info' Paul. :thumb:

I assume that the Mullheim you refer to is the little place near Cologne rather than THE Mullheim much further south. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back