Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Oil

Cool, thanks

Drew1209 said:
What are people's thoughts on this.

I changed oil filter around May2018 (Millers Nano 10/50) I then done around 1500miles before I had to sorn the car. I then taxed the car around April 2019 but kept it on the same oil, I've done maybe 2.5k miles this year so approx 4K overall.

I'm going to change oil now but should I really have changed in May2019 although only covering 1500 miles.

We all see things differently but with all my cars i consider the oil brand & condition to be more important than the choice of fuel i run them on .
For over 15 yrs its always been Millers for me since my VAG turbo days & through the past 15/20 Bmw's
The cost of a oil change is so low relative to these cars value & potential for problems that a regime of changing the oil yearly or max 10k is just common sense , my current 997 had done under 1000m since its previous oil service in Sept 2018 but i still had it done last month , as expected it came out golden .
If you know the car hasn't even started between Oct & April & covered minimal miles the rest of the months i suppose you could follow the Porsche approved 2yr cycle but any amount of cold starts in winter can cause condensation so stump up the £150 or so & get fresh fluid in there .
Additionally when i do view potential cars i always aim for ones with interim oil changes or changes over the manufacturers recommendation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back