Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to change the Date on PCM 2.0 Porsche 996 TurboS MY 2005

Webbo60

Hi All

Can anyone please help with how to change the date on the PCM 2.0 in my 996 Turbo S Cabriolet MY 2005.

Two weeks ago it has changed to 22/2/2000 and I can't change it even despite a trip to RPM Technik who tried to flash it using a PWIZ tablet.

I know it is just a date but my OCD brain goes mad seeing it. Rang Porsche at Silverstone who said they haven't come across it which I find hard to believe considering the number of posts here?

Have tried all the suggestions and really thought the PWIZ flash would have worked.

Any suggestions please to help me sleep again at night lol!??

Cheers

Webbo

There has been a number of questions on this of late .. ive listed it on several posts .

Basically you can't or rather you can't unless throwing a lot of money at it on software updates they may not work .

The latest software update doesn't fix it .. it just hides the date from the main screen .

My understanding of it .. there was a GPS roll over in April and any device over 10 years old will have trouble ..

The cars all work fine until a flat battery or a disconnected battery at which point they revert to year 2000 with a few different months listed .. ie 1.7.2000 is common .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=135446

can't fix...google GPS rollover. Mine has done the same (as many others have, if you have had battery disconnected after april this year, it will be back to 2000).

TIme for a decent radio...

I noticed mine had done it about 6 weeks ago,very annoying, my batterys not been flat!!

I wonder if we all complained would Porsche do something about it?

Hi All

Thanks for all your help and is really annoying as I hate things not working as they should do lol.

Likewise my battery has not been disconnected so that can't be the only reason? I assume it also happens on other models e.g. 997s ?

Maybe some Porsche Member Guru will find the answer!

Cheers

Webbo :nooo:

Mac996t said:
I wonder if we all complained would Porsche do something about it?

Not a hope in hell I suggest.

Dr Mr Porsche,
Can you please bring out some new firmware for the system which you discontinued 15 years ago to fix a rather minor annoyance I have with it.

Yours
Owner of old car

MC

Re: How to change the Date on PCM 2.0 Porsche 996 TurboS MY

Webbo60 said:
Hi All

Thanks for all your help and is really annoying as I hate things not working as they should do lol.

Likewise my battery has not been disconnected so that can't be the only reason? I assume it also happens on other models e.g. 997s ?

Maybe some Porsche Member Guru will find the answer!

Cheers

Webbo :nooo:

It happens on 997 as well .

As per my link ..

( 997 forum ) .. i did find an answer .. it's expensive and you can't lock the car for about 3 weeks !!

It will also only last until the next flat battery .

I'll just add .. sometimes with a low voltage battery then on cranking the voltage falls low enough to trigger this fault so its not set in stone it's a flat battery .. a starter motor drawing too high a current will also cause the same fault .

Porsche are not interested in any car that's no longer in production .. regardless of what they advertise .

Does anyone have access to the firmware source code? If it was made public I'm sure it could be fixed

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back