Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anybody seen Minilites?

Jonesey

Ever since watching Stock car/Hotrod/Superstox racing as a kid, I've loved the classic minilite wheels. The Singer Mulholland has a beautiful set that I've fallen for- does anybody have any knowledge of any similar available on the market? Would like to keep standard Tyre sizes for a c4s

Any potential leads would be greatly appreciated.

They do looks rather cool on that car, Im not sure they would work on anything newish though. Say you have a C4s so at least a 996.2 which again I don't think would look right.

I was trying to find who did them as well just for reference.

Yes those Singer wheels are the business. I love the deep dish look of them. Probably my favourite Singer too

Was about to comment how utterly terrible they'd look, thought I better check the picture out first! How wrong, they look great but would they work on a 996? Not 100percent sold on that. minilite are uk based so you could give them a call, they'll give you advise about possibilities I'm sure but a one off set is likely to be mucho dinero

I used to have an MGB GTV8 and I contacted Minilite about a set of custom wheels. They were very competitive, not crazy money at all. I got the impression they had tooling that could be easily adjusted top give any offset/diameter/PCD required.

I have an MG v8 Sebring (up for sale) and i have 15 inch Minilites on those. Moss Europe sell them, not sure they do much above 15 inch though as they usually go on MG's, Mini's, Fast Fords etc. Would be interesting to see what they would look like on a C4S though!

If you get success on this would love to see some piccies please :thumb:

Osh

You might want to check out Japan Racing JR19's and Rota RKR wheel as they both have the minilite look and you can get them made to the size / stud pattern you want through Driftworks, only problem is they only go up to 17"

Fit minilites to a 996 and expect this at MOT time. :D

My opinion is that you can't make a water cooled model look like an air-cooled by simply fitting some old style wheels.

Even Fuchs are on a thin line for me. Most other people I know think they look crap on anything newer than an IB car.

But as always it's your car so do what makes you happy. They're one of the easiest things to reverse if you don't like it or can't bear the piss taking after a while. :grin:

lets not forget, a Singer would look good with pram wheels..

I had a set of genuine Minilites on my Lotus Europa around 1970. Cost a fortune as they were made from magnesium. Super light & strong as they were used for racing & rallying. Major problem was corrosion only on the mating face between the wheel & steel hub normally at the stud holes where you would get cavities. You could almost see the magnesium vanishing if you didn't have them off frequently for cleaning. Not really suitable for the road, but hey ho, they were the ultimate. :D

Thanks all- ye have little faith!

I fully appreciate that they haven't been seen on a 996, I'm definitely going to do some more research however- that dish on the rear could be something special (to me at least)

Definitely not trying to hark after an air cooled car, more intrigued to see what they may look like. I need to find a photoshop whizz.

Apologies for the rushed Photoshop-job (I'm sure someone can do a better job here) but I was curious to see what this could look like on a C4S...

Attachments

• 996_minilites_432.jpg
    996_minilites_432.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 3,698

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back