Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another Distributor and Fan Renovation

Yes AP90, I read and saw that..

I have just heard back from Tactical Coatings UK Ltd. and my Shroud has been Cerakote coated.. 8) I really want to post the photo Chris there sent me, but I am going to wait until I have it in my hands and then take a [better!] photo of it.. But it looks awesome.. :p

Just need to sort where, what and how I get the Fan painted..

I'm kinda moving away from the Powder Coating route..! Seems a little worrisome..?

It looks great, but........the fan coating gives a lot of unbalance and vibrations, I just coated the housing and polished the fan.

Attachments

• dsc02216_149.jpg
    dsc02216_149.jpg
    817.8 KB · Views: 3,120
Diddi said:
.. and polished the fan.
Could you post a photo of the Fan please..?

.......only polished ! no vibrations and the bearing does not cause any probs - okay, colored looks better - when the hood is open!! :hand:

Attachments

• lfter_poliert_klein_536.jpg
    lfter_poliert_klein_536.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 3,053
Love that Bare Naked look.. 8)

Corrosion an issue..?

.........if dirty clean & polish 1 time a year :thumb:

Attachments

• lfter_dreht_1_850.jpg
    lfter_dreht_1_850.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,931
A somewhat timely thread. After some 'pinging' and slight rough running of the trusty 964 at constant speed and lumpy idle I've diagnosed the distributor drive belt has just given up :roll:

I got the Shroud back from TAC Coatings [http://www.taccoatings.co.uk/contact/] and it looks GREAT..!

Trouble is now I really need to get the Fan done too, as it will really show up next to/inside the Shroud..

So.. Zermatt Silver..? Who do I send it to..??

I was kinda thinking about sending the Fan to TAC and getting them to Cerakote it a lighter Bronze.. It isn't exactly a smooth surface though, so wondering if it'll make a noise/wind resistant whizz when spun up..?

Attachments

• whatsapp_image_2019_09_15_at_104311_138.jpeg
    whatsapp_image_2019_09_15_at_104311_138.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 2,876
:sad:

Attachments

• image1_610.jpeg
    image1_610.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 2,795
  • image2_193.jpeg
    image2_193.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 2,795
andyobro said:
kingroon said:

oh *****, saves getting it painted I guess..... New ones are less than I thought.
Yeah there is that, also the new one comes with the Bearing press fitted, so I can send the replacement one I bought already, back..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back