Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 order... What are your specs?

An additional 911 arrived in the post :D

Attachments

• 911_rsr_208.jpg
    911_rsr_208.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 7,488
Car booked in for the couple of fault codes on Thursday.

Many miles added to the car, its been a dream, no issues and never fails to amaze in its performance... a very soggy 200 miles of motorways today.

Has anyone else ordered a car with wood trim yet?? :D

derekm said:
Re the PSE, that's the one thing I agonised over. Our Macan has it and I really like it but £1,844 for a bit of noise.... The clincher was when the SE said it could be retro fitted for the same money so if I missed it I could add it later. That surprised me but I'm not into that level of detail so I took her word for it...

I didn't spec the PSE and IMO, after just over 4,000 miles, the car sounds just fine without it. If you fancy a bit of aural accompaniment then put it in Sport mode and the engine note is lovely. Also the 2 exhausts each side again IMO look a lot better than the SE.

PSE all day long!!! :D

It should be fitted as standard to such a car. Its beautifully refined tone. :rocker: :thumbs:

6appeal said:
PSE all day long!!! :D

It should be fitted as standard to such a car. Its beautifully refined tone. :rocker: :thumbs:

I weakened in the end and added PSE to my spec. Silly money, though. Hope it's not wasted. I've heard the standard 992 exhaust when the engine is revved and, from the outside, it does sound a bit weedy. My wife's Macan S with PSE sounds better. So that's why I paid £1,844 for a bit of noise...

Yeah I added PSE also to mine (not taking delivery until December though) but there are many days where I think I should have saved/used the £1,800 elsewhere.

Has anyone seen a successful tailpipe swap yet? I much prefer the quad pipes - as its just a tailpipe and bumper surround I'm guessing it should be an easy swap?

I'm pretty sure i drive only with SE on!
I had a loaner with standard pipes a couple weeks back and i actually found the tone on the motorway more intrusive. It droned at an uncomfortable pitch whereas with SE on or off it doesn't do that.

Cost wise I think most option prices are a bit mental, but i made a choice to take the Porsche cool-aid!

I kept my eyes closed when i threw my darts at the options boxes, as i couldn't bare to look at any of the cost information ;)

6appeal said:
Car booked in for the couple of fault codes on Thursday.

Many miles added to the car, its been a dream, no issues and never fails to amaze in its performance... a very soggy 200 miles of motorways today.

Has anyone else ordered a car with wood trim yet?? :D

2 New engine mounts ordered from Porsche...

Base Carrera 4
Aventurine Green Metallic
Paldao interior package
Sport-Tex Square leather interior in Black (Crayon stitching)
SportDesign side skirts
Sports exhaust system in black
20 / 21-inch Carrera S Wheels painted in Satin Aurum
Privacy glass
Sports seats Plus (4-way, electric)
Silver Grey seat belts
White rev counter instrument dial
GT sports steering wheel alcantara

Nice!!!

Love the selection of steering wheel. :thumbs:

kan300 said:
Aventurine Green Metallic
Paldao interior package
Sport-Tex Square leather interior in Black (Crayon stitching)
This is precisely where I'm at (if and when I get round to buying).

Would love to see pictures.

Some pictures I found on the internet

Attachments

• 40521022_816e_4de5_b697_afd5e4d30c4d_925.jpeg
    40521022_816e_4de5_b697_afd5e4d30c4d_925.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 7,113
  • 8ca04ea8_66ed_4bc2_a44b_5d95cc36aee9_144.jpeg
    8ca04ea8_66ed_4bc2_a44b_5d95cc36aee9_144.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 7,113
  • c7c38f20_bc76_4c8f_9dd0_3ceb05f8140b_115.jpeg
    c7c38f20_bc76_4c8f_9dd0_3ceb05f8140b_115.jpeg
    440.3 KB · Views: 7,113
Really nice combination I think. I very nearly ordered the Carrera wheels in gold, but chickened-out.

I also like the combo of wood and sport-tex, although wouldn't spec it myself.

I've got a 420R on order for Spring, might get some gold rims ;)

Attachments

• 420r_143.jpg
    420r_143.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 6,518

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back