Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Y2K''s 996 picnic table

@ Dan, Yes, will pm you if anything happening or TDs down south.

@ Mark, just realised I don't you've ever seen my car when it's clean. Bad weather seems to follow us! :dont know:

Awesome looking car Y2K! My perfect spec and what hopefully I'll be upgrading to after I sell the 996T :D Glad to see you using it so much!

Jay. said:
Awesome looking car Y2K! My perfect spec and what hopefully I'll be upgrading to after I sell the 996T :D Glad to see you using it so much!

Cheers bud.

I know / know of quite a few 996.1/2 so feel free to pm me; might save you the cost of ppi if the car in question has 'known history'.

Last week a few mates and I did our (almost) annual pilgrimage in Scotland.

My trip started off with a visit to Marky's; it was nice to get our cars together for a comparison.
JC8xx60.jpg

Then headed to Falkirk for an overnight stay. Somebody left a note on my car :)
nnoaJ3H.jpg

Classic route through Cairngorms
u0KA2Uu.jpg

00LbRVi.jpg

Heading to Loch Ness
W2Ik1Vh.jpg

qIGNO60.jpg

NW bound
CmjMLjM.jpg

aVcVsrJ.jpg

izCmNsg.jpg

RIgG3wF.jpg

cpOzoyQ.jpg

Gjbcjsh.jpg

BTPicem.jpg

Beach by Applecross
53otv6T.jpg

Top of Applecross pass
5mAZmXO.jpg

iCnsiaV.jpg

1yfsG5h.jpg

French Top Gear crew were staying at the same hotel as us
Ju2q8P4.jpg

Eilean Donan Castle
NJ3VicW.jpg

tDa9vzz.jpg

Glencoe
AMUNqhH.jpg

P2WPO36.jpg

Skyfall route
Qttthy4.jpg

Positively filthy
kvT7HiB.jpg

Cooling down the engines after fun in the forest.
No3Uv9c.jpg

Then attended a track day at Oulton Park before heading home
KX2CF6I.jpg

Ended up doing 2065 miles for the whole trip. The car is really well set up now as a road car; it was like driving a tarmac rally car. So much fun 8)

Great pics mate. 8)

Gutted I couldn't make this one but good to see you on your way past. :thumb:

Looks like I missed a good weekend. Great note left on your car. :grin:

Looks like a good one, we haven't done our annual trip this year so kind of missing out a bit. Might try something next month.

Good to see another one getting used and abused as there built for.

That FB page is legit by the way.

coullstar said:
Looks like a good one, we haven't done our annual trip this year so kind of missing out a bit. Might try something next month.

The 'new' Irn-Bru was a huge disappointment. I won't be going back. :evil: :lol:

Great photos, looks like an epic road trip 👍

Y2K said:
Last week a few mates and I did our (almost) annual pilgrimage in Scotland.

My trip started off with a visit to Marky's; it was nice to get our cars together for a comparison.
JC8xx60.jpg

Then headed to Falkirk for an overnight stay. Somebody left a note on my car :)
nnoaJ3H.jpg

Classic route through Cairngorms
u0KA2Uu.jpg

00LbRVi.jpg

Heading to Loch Ness
W2Ik1Vh.jpg

qIGNO60.jpg

NW bound
CmjMLjM.jpg

aVcVsrJ.jpg

izCmNsg.jpg

RIgG3wF.jpg

cpOzoyQ.jpg

Gjbcjsh.jpg

BTPicem.jpg

Beach by Applecross
53otv6T.jpg

Top of Applecross pass
5mAZmXO.jpg

iCnsiaV.jpg

1yfsG5h.jpg

French Top Gear crew were staying at the same hotel as us
Ju2q8P4.jpg

Eilean Donan Castle
NJ3VicW.jpg

tDa9vzz.jpg

Glencoe
AMUNqhH.jpg

P2WPO36.jpg

Skyfall route
Qttthy4.jpg

Positively filthy
kvT7HiB.jpg

Cooling down the engines after fun in the forest.
No3Uv9c.jpg

Then attended a track day at Oulton Park before heading home
KX2CF6I.jpg

Ended up doing 2065 miles for the whole trip. The car is really well set up now as a road car; it was like driving a tarmac rally car. So much fun 8)

Not been on here for quite a while, but good to see my old girl being used and enjoyed!
Great pics.... Hope she got a good clean after all that!

Stroller said:
Not been on here for quite a while, but good to see my old girl being used and enjoyed!
Great pics.... Hope she got a good clean after all that!

Cheers pal. It's such an awesome machine.

Yeah the car gets pampered more often than I do. Winding down for winter now.

Time to wrap up 2019......

Going back to my previous update, here's a short clip from my Oulton Park track day. Made some small progress since my March visit, but still about 7s off the pace. Not helped by rain arriving thus cutting the day short.

Then in October a few pals and I headed to Blyton Park with Car Limits for some fun; unfortunately, yep, it rained all day, standing water everywhere. Still fun though and good to experience the limits of Cup2s .

Last month I bought a RS/Cup bumper on eBay; I really like the 'RS look' so the long term goal is to get a Manthey / RS wing and some light weight wheels to complete the look. Not a priority though.

The seller is a real enthusiast; he used to have a 996 turbo and then a LS-swapped 996.

4RTbjqk.jpg

Then a couple of weeks ago went to a Pistonheads meet at Thruxton; they were raising money for Mission Motorsport at the skid pan, and were offering taster session. I had about 4 goes, really tricky but fun nevertheless.

Good show and good turn out with a variety of cars at Thruxton considering it was a cold winter morning. Met with fellow 911UKer 'Dagerous' as well and it turned out he's fairly local to me. :thumbs:

Skid pan tippy toes...

Finally, last Saturday I attended a track day at a very cold Snetterton. This was my second visit to Snet, the first being over seven years ago. Not sure why I waited for so long as it's such a fun circuit with relaxed noise limit.

It was a superb day, even though we only had 90 mins of 'dry' before rain arrived. I swear rain follows me to track days; of all the track days I did in the GT3, I only had one completely dry day thus far. :roll:

Conditions were pretty tricky, being cold and later wet and greasy. We had numerous red flags with at least two cars hitting the armcos. My car was wearing worn Cup2s so not ideal but it was a fun day.

qEPA6mC.jpg

My friend came along in his beautiful CSL; it was great to have two 'early noughties' motoring icons together.
uN7AaQS.jpg

A very pretty EVO II rep
wnFVIki.jpg

Short clip of in-car; this was my third session, it was cut short by red flag and then rain arrived

After lunch I bumped into the second owner of my car Simon. He recognised the number plate and came and introduced himself. Small world!

Simon was there in his race Cayman; I saw him lapping in the morning and it was one of the quickest cars there, so I invited him for a drive in his old car:

After the drive we chatted and I asked him about his racing career, it turned out he raced in the Porsche Club GB Championship and finished second in 2018. He actually 'won' the Championship in 2019 'on the road', but unfortunately his points in the final round were excluded, because the car exceeded the permitted power by 2.5bhp (less than 1%).
https://www.porscheclubgb.com/motorspor ... nington-pa

It was a real treat to have a competent and accomplished driver driving my own car and to show me what my car could do. He also took me out in his race Cayman; very quick and very sideways :lol:

His Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/clarkracing1

And as a bonus, just as I arrived home from Snetterton, another milestone achieved:
Rup6VLq.jpg

That's about it for 2019; I had a very decent motoring year and hope for more the same in 2020. Cheers everyone! 🍻🍺👍

Nice round up matey. 8)

Is that Marv's CSL? Looks lovely.

It's always good to find ex-owners too. Plus he blitzed Marv for you at 3 mins 50 secs. :grin:
(ETA, it was actually in your vid you passed him).

Marky911 said:
Nice round up matey. 8)

Is that Marv's CSL? Looks lovely.

It's always good to find ex-owners too. Plus he blitzed Marv for you at 3 mins 50 secs. :grin:

Ha ha no the first clip was me driving. And that wasn't Marv on track, just a normal M3. Marv was only there to spectate / passenger rides.

The second clip was Simon driving mine, going sideways :lol:

Yeah I just watched them in full. Good pace. :thumb:

I'm surprised Marv and Barry haven't got you doing your bike test yet mind. :wink:

Marky911 said:
I'm surprised Marv and Barry haven't got you doing your bike test yet mind. :wink:

Watch this space :wink: :lol:
j/k :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back