Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlight condensation

rickprice

Monza
Folks,

Both my headlights have gone a bit opaque. Where do I get another pair from, please? Its not a show car so I don't want to remortgage to buy these, but I would like a clear set of lenses.

Cheers

Richard

I was under the impression these could be polished .. cutting compound etc and brought back to almost new condition .. diy kits are available i believe .

I know 996 can be done as our detailer at work does them .

lens are not a replacement item as far as i'm aware as they are bonded in place .. but that's just my guess .

100%. The oxidisation can be removed. Jump onto YouTube and search for headlight restoration and you will find hundreds of videos which advise products and methodology.
The cheapest solution was done with Toothpaste. Give it a crack and see how it turns out. I'm curious if it's as effective as their video suggests.

FZP said:
..The cheapest solution was done with Toothpaste. Give it a crack and see how it turns out. I'm curious if it's as effective as their video suggests.

And your 911 will taste minty! Only if you enjoy licking your car that is :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back