Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension. Comparing damper options

Yes, thanks Mike for organising. It was nice to meet everyone.

Tommy

Both with the Group 4 Fuchs, and seemingly very close together on the original production line, with identical factory spec.

Really enjoyed the day, hugely lucky with the weather overall. Massive thanks to Mike for organisation !

I think we all got a good degree of validation / analysis of our individual set-ups. Will be interesting to see if there are any broader conclusions to be drawn.

Jamie

As others have said a really great day. For me looking to upgrade my suspension it was invaluable. Thanks to those who gave me a run in their cars and well done Mike for setting it all up.
Look forward to seeing all the data.

As the others have said " thanks Mike for setting this up" . Great day and good to meet great bunch of people and some interesting discussions

Really cheesed off I couldn't get to this. Convinced that my Bilstein B8 and H&R spring setup would have stood comparison to the other setups and would have loved to know how some really good coilovers compared.

Hopefully some other cars with similar suspension made it up?. I'm eagerly waiting for the magazine write up as well as hearing from you all on here.

Judging by the pictures above, Mikes perseverance with planning and coordination has clearly borne fruit. Nice one Mike.👍

Gutted I couldn't make it, stupid exhaust was too loud!! Still waiting on my OEM boxes back from the fab shop.

Would've been interesting to see how a 'new" M030 kit and full component refresh would've compared to the new coil over packages.

Well done Mike for sorting, will read it when it comes out!

Firstly thanks to Mike for putting this day together, so lucky with the weather for nearly the whole day. :hand:

12 cars and none of them alike (apart from 50% of them being silver....)

I think we all learned quite a bit about the way other people use and setup their cars and despite the variety in suspensions, all the ones I tried felt very similar with ride quality being the obvious difference although we weren't really testing their limits.

After going out in Ian's car I'm now looking at Recaro seats :roll:

Oh and Gooey36, Chris Franklin said that the M030 kit gets better as it wears in (mine is 17 years old and 65k miles but all arms etc refreshed at CG 2 years ago) - he reckoned if you're not really into track days then "it's a very nice place to be" - so I'm sticking with mine for the foreseeable :thumbs: :D

Well that's good news peterg1955. I go out regularly with a couple of friends and their very different cars (see gratuitous photo opportunity!) post M030 (+RSS engine mounts, coffin arms, tuning forks and geo) I was amazed how different the car felt..I can stick with them on the twisties now! Tyres are the limiting factor!

Attachments

• 7f4fa424_816d_4d87_bc1c_e74de05497bf_197.jpeg
    7f4fa424_816d_4d87_bc1c_e74de05497bf_197.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,039
Where/when will the results be released? :thumbs:

RWD_cossie_wil said:
Where/when will the results be released? :thumbs:
I believe the article is in the December magazine so should be available next month :thumbs:

Am I allowed to post links to the results on here?

MC

Yes please Martin, Chris at CG is still to analyse his results.

thanks
Mike

There is a spreadsheet of the results with links to videos available here (copy and paste the entire link)

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhJOElHCD2mljI4hC8QecpFBo5VTAw?e=V7AqUQ

I think you will need to be running Office365 to view that.

Here are a couple of screenshots from the data

You can download the full data from here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhJOElHCD2mljI4z14RYNBqGYShQwg?e=xReEc9

To open the data you will need to download the software from here:

Race Technology software download

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias