Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

2 new PASM front shocks and bump stops. Only the nearside was shot but decided to change them in pairs

bullet-proof_biscuit said:
And the X51 centre rad kit

Whats the cost/part no on this - I remember reading about it a while ago but it was an old post and the price seemed really cheap/reasonable* for a Porsche part!

Hertsdriver said:
it is cheap (under £100) but its a very bad idea as it makes your engine actually run hotter rather than colder..... best ignored and buy a hartech low temp thermostat instead :thumb:

Oorrr; fit a thermostatic valve on to the centre radiator inlet hose AND a Hartech low temperature thermostat, like me!

:D :D :D

bullet-proof_biscuit said:
Hertsdriver said:
it is cheap (under £100) but its a very bad idea as it makes your engine actually run hotter rather than colder..... best ignored and buy a hartech low temp thermostat instead :thumb:

Oorrr; fit a thermostatic valve on to the centre radiator inlet hose AND a Hartech low temperature thermostat, like me!

:D :D :D
Good stuff, most (like me) are/were unaware that fitting an additional rad actually increases engine temps (which is completely counter intuitive) so if you have found a way around this ot would be good if you could post up a 'how to' to help others out, especially if you have a link to the part number of the inline thermostat you've used :thumb:

This is achieved I believe by the engine having to work harder to keep the coolant up to temp ?

Sounds counter productive and illogical but if you read the relevant posts it all kind of makes sense ? I only read all this after I'd bought the kit, thinking that the way to go was increase cooling efficiency reduce the engine temp and hey presto...... but nope,

Any way this week....... I have mostly been buying a private plate !
😬

ELF 3R

Or TREVOR ? :lock: depending on how hard you squint, and stand on one leg, whilst hopping ?

Bought off a Forum member,

C4Silver said:

You might get a bit of this when you're out and about...

B5LXRMWIUAInhqg.jpg

:grin:

I thought all this name calling malarkey had been ostracised now with all these snow flakes and gender fluidity nonsense ?

I thought now would be a good time to purchase, so I can take shelter from the dwarfe throwers.......

:eek:

Highhhhh HOOOoooooo !!!!

991 steering wheel 8)

Attachments

• img_20190927_090705_840.jpg
    img_20190927_090705_840.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 1,974

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member