Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Silverstone OPC Experience

DucatiRob

Mugello
So after dithering where next to take my car for a service I eventually went for Porsche Silverstone and happy to report a pleasant experience :thumb: although somewhat more expensive than anticipated (they really need to update their service costs pm website).

Nice coffee at drop off and collection :thumb: service manager was friendly and took the time chat, which neither of the indies I've used previously didn't, plus they gave me a surprisingly good price of a replacement splitter which I ordered on the spot!

Good in depth report on the condition of my car which I wanted as it goes to CG for some suspension magic next week :D

I tend to be very cynical and wary about service from dealers (poor experiences with Audi, Marc and BMW dealers in the past) but, whilst it's hard to say it is great value for money, at least I don't feel like I have been reamed!!

I was there myself today.... they are great. Give you the same attention if you are buying a £2 water pipe clip (which I was) or having a major service.

Milo72 said:
I was there myself today.... they are great. Give you the same attention if you are buying a £2 water pipe clip (which I was) or having a major service.

That's good to know :thumb: Don't mind paying a little extra is the service is good! Some amazing cars there yesterday, 2 x GT3RSs and a GT2RS :mrgreen:

Useful write-up. Am reasonably local (Leighton Buzzard), so have considered using them. I know Tom911 bought his new car from them a few months back and had a good experience.....

The only issue for me was Silverstone OPC pricing. They wanted over £650 (cant remember the exact amount) to service the 996. So am using Cambridge OPC, who offer the Porsche Classic service menu, so its only £310 for the same service (incl courtesy car and complimentary membership to Porsche Classic).....

Kingb4 said:
Useful write-up. Am reasonably local (Leighton Buzzard), so have considered using them. I know Tom911 bought his new car from them a few months back and had a good experience.....

The only issue for me was Silverstone OPC pricing. They wanted over £650 (cant remember the exact amount) to service the 996. So am using Cambridge OPC, who offer the Porsche Classic service menu, so its only £310 for the same service (incl courtesy car and complimentary membership to Porsche Classic).....

Yes, they are very expensive, hard to justify for a car the age of mine, but I wanted a thorough check over, which is what they did! They also kindly provided me with an estimate for all the things that will need sorting at some point....£11,000 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :floor: :floor: £2,300 to do the brakes :floor: :floor: who pays these prices??

Some one has to pay for the lavishly iced buns that appear from time to time on the coffee counter !

:wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back