Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner cayenne GTS 2009

Matrixxxx

Just bought it , but found a few problems if any one can help.
Rear sensors not working just get a continuous beep and red leds.
Tailgate wont close by itself Closes then beeps then pops open about 10".
No sat Nav? Says not available. The spec says it has extended navigation module.
Does the pcm only take one disk?
No cruise control!!! I take it is an option ?

It has been sat for over 5 months So i was expecting a few glitches

A bit noisy at very low speed but perfect on the motorway. 😀

Rear park sensors .. plug n/s/r can get water ingress .. it's the bumper connection plug behind the wheel arch .

Also if a single sensor fails it will knock out the entire system .. a tester and a check for fault codes will soon say which one is at fault ... start with a tester connected .

Old school and put your ear next to each of them .. ign on and in reverse .. if one whistles then its faulty ... not how i check them but i'm told it works .

Check the base lock for debris .. a bit of wood etc .. There is also from memory a switch in there that can cause issues .. im afraid its been ages since i looked at one so i'm not sure but a pull off of the panels and a look might help ... base lock not the tailgate .

Sat nav unavailable .. again a tester and check coding or fault codes.

Unless its a 6 disc pcm then it will only take one disc .. select the cd and there will be 6 slots listed if this is fitted , i'm not sure if this was an option on this year .

Cruise control if not fitted can be retro fitted .

noisy .. in what way ? .. bearing noise .. wind noise .. sound clip if possible please .

welcome to the forums btw :D

GTS

Thanks for the reply.

the tail gate will close if you do it by hand, the battery failed this morning but the tailgate actually worked just before I could not start it. new battery fitted and now it wont close again, seems like it does not close with enough force.

I will check the codes asap.

I will get a sound clip, difficult to describe, its like a hydraulic pump running when in first or second gear, sounds like its from the gearbox , once warm it doesn't seem to be there.

Also getting Chassis fault, but it seems random and resets with the ignition.

and the rear windscreen wiper sounds like it's disconnected from the drive motor.

No idea on tailgate, sensors Demort hit the nail on the head..

Noise, is it more like a whine? Can hear it when driving low speed (before engine/road noise get louder). If you open the bonnet and stand in front, is it coming from your right hand side of the engine?

Chassis Error, when does it occur? When you corner, when you pull away? You will need a fault code reader but you'll need a good one as I struggled to find someone with the correct one to pick up the chassis codes I was getting..

GTS

The chassis error seems to come on when accelerating up hill, once on a bump, seems to be getting less frequent.

also getting vibration when turning left at speed, like on a roundabout so I think this might be the torque damper, looked on eBay but only ones for sale in the UK, tried Autodoc only one type in stock at £95, cheaper £53 out of stock.

I have dashcommand but not tried it yet, what would you recommend for the diyer?

the noise sounds like a pump or a cooling fan or the torque converter, not stood in front of the engine yet to see which side it is coming from. it follows the engine revs, still getting used to all the noises it makes.

Also when driving you can feel it altering the suspension on a back road but is slightly affects the direction so I find my self correcting it with the steering wheel, normal?

GTS

Does the sat nav have a disk ?

I have never checked the sat nav.. I imagine it does, the unit is under the drivers seat.

I reakon the noise you are hearing is the PDCC pump, they're known to whine, mine does, goes with the revs,.. Mine got quieter with a fluid change. I've got dashcommand but it didn't pick up the chassis faults, you need durametric really. There are some other ones out there too, icarsoft v2 I think works...

I reakon the vibration and altering of steering is a worn wishbone bush.. I don't notice any change in direction when suspension level altering, I did have some wondering at speed before I got my alignment done. Ensure you have same brand tyres all round too, mine didn't and I got a vibration in straight line over 30.

Chassis error, really needs a code check, it could be anything right now..

Get code checked first thing and perhaps get it in the air and check wheels for play to detect a worn bush/balljoint. I had the same mileage as you and I have worn bushes and a totally ruined ball joint.

On from there, PDCC fluid change along with the PDCC reservoir.

Thanks for your reply.

It just passed its mot so the joints should be ok?. It feels more like the air suspension is over reacting.
Which fluid did you use for the PDCC and where did you get it from? Is there a write up on how to flush it?
The drivers seat has a draw under it ?

Here's a few links to marks excellent write up on his car .. plenty of pictures which will help a lot and a couple of possible chassis fault problems .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=135698

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=133638

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=133062&start=40

You need a fault code readout of the chassis fault to move forward .. i think both me and Mark are wondering if its a pdcc fault .

A flush .. well just changing the reservoir removes a fair bit .. very messy and you HAVE to clean this fluid off of any rubber pipes .. it eats them basically .

If possible then undo one of the rear pipes and drain it out .. as you will see from the links though most of these pipes are corroded solid and cannot be undone .

Does your car have the auto open / close function for the tailgate ? if so the rams can fail .. there will be a code flagged up when using a tester if so .

Noises are subjective .. you'll need to do a video and walk side to side in front of the car with the bonnet open for us to have a chance at diagnosing it .

Video to here if you don't have a youtube account to post it .. i'll do it for you .

[email protected]

This was the spec

Says extended navigation?

Searched the net last night but couldn't find any way to confirm if it has satnav other than a dealer vist.

Attachments

• ea66f227_9b79_4fde_989c_3439ec8c0253_838.jpeg
    ea66f227_9b79_4fde_989c_3439ec8c0253_838.jpeg
    854.8 KB · Views: 4,034
Stuck thermostat

Got these codes

So the stat needs replacing, when at speed the temp does not go above 60 deg c in traffic it goes up to 90.

Attachments

• 8a205f5f_3061_4bc4_9c0e_32b93eb134cb_161.png
    8a205f5f_3061_4bc4_9c0e_32b93eb134cb_161.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,954
Wtf is this???
I know its the pdcc tank , why have they insulated it?

Attachments

• 89f850c8_7365_4036_98aa_aade41ca3221_201.jpeg
    89f850c8_7365_4036_98aa_aade41ca3221_201.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 3,879
First 2 codes are pretty much thermostat .. last code is not listed on what i have so can't check that one .

Image .. hmm .. i can honestly say i've never seen that and cant see a reason for it .. heat insulation perhaps :dont know:

Remove it i think :)

Very strange .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back