Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warm engine start problem - SOLVED.....

kurlykris said:
C4Silver said:
OK Dr, thanks 🙏

Same time next month ? Maybe something wheel bearing related ?

Oooooh ooooooh ! Just remembered I got shot by a stone in the NS condenser on Sun
👹

Car started making a terrible whining whirring sound, any way,,,, at risk of derailing this post and the excellent work carried out within !!!!
Maybe we could all start using this place ??

I have no idea what that post meant either deMort, maybe C4Silver would care to clarify for us all :?:

What I meant by that was quite clear to me but I can see how that can look,

I read the OP's post and thought 💀!
If the bore scoring doesn't get me I bet this ***** does, the bearings I mean.

I put my concern on there, you replied to previous post and rounded it off at the bottom with an anecdotal don't worry snippet, I took that as a professional opinion and added the praying hands, I commented on the wheel bearing issue tongue in cheek as in it'll be something else that I'm worried about next month, as in I'll be back to see you soon,

There was no malice intended and apologise if any was portrayed, I then realised the noisy air on could be diagnosed ONLY because I knew that you would know the answer, as in most threads I read where there is a fault if I read and you have posted I generally read up to the point where you diagnose the fault and think there ! Nailed it !

A bit like having a Dr but for the car, I knew what I meant but can see how it came across differently ?

Apologies

C4Silver said:
What's that supposed to mean ? Who said they didn't want you to answer any more questions on this site ? I certainly didn't ?

Your posts seems somewhat overly aggressive and an attempt to be disrespectful to what i saw as a fair comment to the OP ..

A 4K engine rebuild is pretty impressive ... you don't seem to think so .. hence the somewhat rambling answer .. a few beers perhaps .

I always stand by what i say and i always answer the OP directly so a comment seeming to put me down gets my back up .

Please bear in mind i have no reason to post here .. i do it to help out ..

I don't have a Porsche and never will have ..

Be careful or i WILL cross you off my christmas card list.

Kris is being the peacemaker bless him ..

Be careful what you say though .. i don't like being put down .

Edit ...

Crossed posts ..

its done so we will leave it at that :)

Thank the lord for that, there was no malice intended there I can tell you, I took from your words at the bottom of the post all I needed to, I have asked you questions direct in other posts relating to work done within posts, I asked you because I know that you would know the answer, and that is good enough for me. As you say usually direct and concise !

The sarcasm in there was intended towards me as I say it'll be something else soon, And I whole heartedly agree with the 4K !
That's why I put maybe we could go there, as Kris says, trailer it there, but I actually thought about staying for the whole week ?

Thank the lord for that, there was no malice intended there I can tell you, I took from your words at the bottom of the post all I needed to, I have asked you questions direct in other posts relating to work done within posts, I asked you because I know that you would know the answer, and that is good enough for me. As you say usually direct and concise !

The sarcasm in there was intended towards me as I say it'll be something else soon, And I whole heartedly agree with the 4K !
That's why I put maybe we could go there, as Kris says, trailer it there, but I actually thought about staying for the whole week ?

1st- I get lost in all above so no comments...

kurlykris said:
Back on topic, wow £4k for a partial ? rebuild and turned around in a week, that is some pretty good going 77szymon :grin:

not sure what do you mean by partial but what I can tell crankshaft is old, luckily for me it happened on parking, reversing slowly and engine just turn off itself I did try to move with huge spanner and was rock solid.

Time and money outstanding.

deMort yes engine has been covered in protective paint, you are amazing!!!!!

C4Silver said:

plenty to do for a week: Krakow, Wieliczka, Oswiecim, Zakopane, Giewont only if weather is ok, and Morskie Oko

Any link to website 77szymon?

For £6k I could drive my 111,000m C2 to Poland with the missus, have a nice week long holiday and drive back with a refurbed engine in a car worth more than I started.

:thumb:

Yes, do spill the beans on the details!! At that money I think we'd have a few takers on run out there all together

deMort said:

I feel a mention of the firm's name is in order ..

As i said .. credit where it's due .. and it's certainly due here .

Very lucky on the crank btw .. do the lottery more often :D

My friends the only contact I have is mobile number so if any of you would like to speak with garage please send me message, I'm not sure about his English but i can help you out if need it.

77szymon said:
My friends the only contact I have is mobile number so if any of you would like to speak with garage please send me message, I'm not sure about his English but i can help you out if need it.

Google his number or wack it in facebook. One of the 2 will chuck up his Business.

Looks really good and an amazing price. The only possible downside I can see is that it isn't closed deck.

For any of you guys interested in my rebuild I have no connection or experience with garage therefore I can't tell if job done by garage is in any way good or bad also I need to point out to make sure all above jobs has been done on my car I would have to take engine apart till then I have to believe it as pictures shows, anyway not sure but I think my car is bit quicker then before.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back