Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

After market exhaust packages?

Lee997

Hi as title suggests looking at replacing the original on my 2005 997.1, original is heavily corroded and loose baffles.

Been looking at Fabspeed but carriage from US to UK is not for the faint hearted!

Don't want to go to Kline prices?

Advise much appreciated.

Lee.

Kline, tight wad.... :)

You can order fabspeed in the uk via design911

Milltek sell 997 systems, as do Remus and Supersprint

At the 'value' end of the market, Top Gear are quite well respected around these parts, I dont think they sell a 997 Gen 1 specific set of back boxes as yet (they asked on here for somebody to send them some OE ones so they can tool up for them), but they certainly sell good quality cat X and crossover pipes.

Design911 sell a line of 'Designtech' exhausts which look good value, not sure if anyone has used them though so unsure on sound or quality.

Dansk are another option, although they have mixed reviews on quality....

Hope that helps

Hi Lee, Topgear have a good name on this forum, I have their valvetronic mufflers, great quality and the sound is pretty good too!
Worth checking out if they are selling on eBay which they do from time to time. I got mine for £600 with a best offer a couple of years ago!

Cargraphic on my C4S, very happy with it. Started with the back boxes, and now got the whole thing. No CEL issues, no drone.

I had topgear full valvetronic set up with 200cell big bore cats my old 997.1 and was very happy with it .They are great quality and good value for money . forum members get 10% discount off the list price as they are a forum sponsor :thumb: :thumb: they also offer a lifetime you own the car warranty.

https://www.topgear.co.uk/by-manufacturers/porsche

I have cargraphic full set up on my gen2 its also a great exhaust but cost 3 times as much as the topgear . :thumb: :thumb:

Sorry for the newbie question, but is there much benefit / difference between the standard sports / valved exhaust vs say the Topgear cat back valved exhaust?

Amazing response! Thank you everyone, but more confused now with so many options!
Didn't know 911 do the Fabspeed, I've been talking to a guy in the states at Fabspeed and quote came in at $300 shipping ?.

I'll take a look.

Thanks again will look at the other options as well.

Lee.

M@r said:
{]Sorry for the newbie question, but is there much benefit / difference between the standard sports / valved exhaust vs say the Topgear cat back valved exhaust?

Its light and stainless , so removes some extra weight which will improve things. also if combined with 200cell cats and headers it will add BHP and improve the exhaust note . I know many say the sound of the OE PSE is fantastic but IMO only in the same way as a socks with sandals is fantastic .:grin: :grin:

Once an aftermarket kit is fitted does this make the OE PSE redundant ?

I'm not entirely sure how the PSE works except for a flap of some sort ? If all this is to be replaced by headers back then surely the flap will be defunct in the old system ??

Sorry, just not sure how it works but get the whole different note etc,

It is possible if you had PSE to fit stainless 200 cell cats and headers and leave the PSE Valved boxes if in good condition this will improve the note etc but won't be quite as the manufactures intended if used with their back boxes . or replace the whole lot with a valved set up inc sports boxes the valved aftermarket units are controlled with a key fob but many have now hard wired them to the car to be able to use the PSE button . The PSE as does the aftermarket valved units have valves fitted to the back boxes to bypass part of the muffler on loud setting . the 997.2 can also have the note improved by removing the third rear box and fitting a CROSS OVER or X PIPE this is only on the gen2 though . and will work with OE PSE or without :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks.

:thumb:

That helps, as it's quite complicated when you look up there and try and wonder what's going on, I've seen the x over pipes and also the 200 cell cats, unsure what's actually up there and indeed what's required I just thought it best ask to away, I'll be going for the aftermarket set up in the not too distant and would ideally like to retain the PSE button, I'm tempted by the Kline set up, and would ideally like to strip out as much restrictive gubbins as possible, fitting 200 cell cats also looks a good option.

Thanks for the Advice :thumbs:

your welcome, keep us posted on progress , Felix from Kline is a forum member as is Alex from Topgear so when ready touch base with those guys and have a good chat with them both before deciding .

Does anyone have a sound clip for the DesignTek valved mufflers for a 997.2?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back