Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help! Steering wheel moving violently while stationary

I'm sorry to say .. when i watched the video i was in hysterics ..

Again ... im sorry ... it's not a laughing matter ..

Pipes mixed up on the rack is all i can think of .. high pressure into the low pressure circuit ..

Blockage .. well .. it wouldn't work .. its a pressure assist system .. to move on its own then you would need pressure on the output side .

I can honestly say i have never seen this in nearly 16 years on Porsche and again never in 37 years working on all makes of cars .

Mistakes happen and i'm of the opinion it wont have damaged the rack .. maybe i'm going out on a limb but thats my feeling .

As i said .. mistakes happen .. none of us are perfect .. not even Surgeons ......

IMHO of course .

At this point I have no idea. The fact it happened immediately after having the copper lines on the rack replaced would point to human error. The garage says otherwise, so will need to take them on their word.

Either way, my main priority is safety as I drive with my 4 month old in the back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hobie1
Back