Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

POOR PERFORMANCE : (

HMC911T

Hi

People

Looking for any ideas here ?

I have an 02 996 turbo stock 93k full porsche service history with eismann exhaust sports cat

I had taken it in for a stage 1 remap I recieved a call stating that I had a boost leak.

The remap place recommended another garage to fix the problem turns out one of the pipes had been bodged before so they said replace
£820 later.

Just had my car remapped again and it only made a 2 hp gain with the new boost pipe fitted.

So the results from the remap are 438 BHP and 650 n/m torque
They said the torque was as expected but obviously the hp is down

Has any body experienced this any ideas what it could be ??

Are the turbos going out??

Not sure any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd suggest that you speak to Wayne at Chip Wizard (look him up on the web).

I would first txt Wayne as he doesn't answer his phone while he's working due to background noise , he is the best of the best with mapping :thumb:

https://chipwizards.co.uk

Who did the mapping? What boost pressures are set? Was it live mapped on a dyno or on the road? Did you get any sort of graphs to back up results?

There are a world of questions. I'm not a mapper and I'm definitely not an expert but I have been through the mill tuning other turbo cars to various levels. One thing is people always expect figures far higher than realistic though your hp result sounds poor. Low down torque would be the big player in a mapped performance car and I would expect spool and torque should be excellent in a twin turbo car as 2 small turbos are obviously sharper than one large.

How does the car feel?

Thanks guys I'll message him

The car seems spot on it pulls well enough no flat spot pulls lovely through the rev range I'm just concerned to why the horse power is that low ?

I'm hoping it's not a serious problem ?

I don't normally answer any post on modding / mapping as its well out of my comfort zone .. i'm afraid i fix standard porsches .. i tend to get stuck with faults with modded cars.

What i will say .. first check is any fault codes stored in the dme ..

Second check .. what are the fuel adaptions saying for idle , mid and high range rpm .

The figure of 438 BHP .. i'm assuming that's flat out .. balls to the wall with no Lambda adaptations .. the car just dumps as much fuel as it can ..

Well .. is there enough fuel when flat out :?:

A fuel pump that's 17 years old might not deliver the amount required .. seen a few on this forum where fuel pumps have been at fault .. its also an item that i tend to say these days its best to replace even if you don't have a problem . old and tired basically .

Nothing to say its not turbos but at the end of the day that's just a fan spinning at high rpm and chucking as much air into the engine that it can .. its either works or it doesn't as a rule of thumb .. i know that's simplistic but for arguments sake ..

If not enough fuel then it will be down on power at max rpm .

Just my thoughts anyways and as i said .. a wee bit out of my comfort zone .

HMC911T said:
Hi

People

Looking for any ideas here ?

I have an 02 996 turbo stock 93k full porsche service history with eismann exhaust sports cat

I had taken it in for a stage 1 remap I recieved a call stating that I had a boost leak.

The remap place recommended another garage to fix the problem turns out one of the pipes had been bodged before so they said replace
£820 later.

Just had my car remapped again and it only made a 2 hp gain with the new boost pipe fitted.

So the results from the remap are 438 BHP and 650 n/m torque
They said the torque was as expected but obviously the hp is down

Has any body experienced this any ideas what it could be ??

Are the turbos going out??

Not sure any help would be greatly appreciated!

Your car is still leaking. DM me we can talk it out on the phone.

Good to hear that Wayne has a great reputation here.

What are you going to on the boost read out? e.g. 0.7, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2?

Was the power at the wheels?
438WHP calculates to just over 500 HP (Crank)

EddieCRX said:
Was the power at the wheels?
438WHP calculates to just over 500 HP (Crank)

Yep 438 - if it is at the wheels - sounds pretty healthy to me!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back