Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996T - failed MOT (brake pipe over transmission) - options?

Oh and a full coat of paint. Almost forgot that inexpensive detail :floor:

NedHan79 said:
Hi. That's my thread that has been high lighted. My mot was up in June. Since then I've stated digging as I knew the brake pipes had gone. Atm I've not got near the brake pipes yet but I have cut out and fabricated most of my inner and outer sills, sections at the rear of the arches and now I'm cutting out the arches and making them. I will be stripping back a lot of the under seal to sort any 'not great" bits and them I'll worry about dropping the engine and box. I'll probably replace all the brake pipes, flexis and anything else that dosnt look great in the suspension as well as clutch, rims etc.

All because of a rotten brake pipe :floor:

It'll be worth it once you finish it!!

Bit the bullet. Had the pipe replaced.
Along with discs and pads all round (last changed in 2014 so not too bad!)
Brake fluid change
MOT
New front drop links (clunking from front of car when driving)
Replaced a few fuses for sidelights too which were apparently not working

I had hoped the discs might be skimable, but the MOT report said they were corroded badly on the inside and worn too thin to save with a skim.

On the plus side, the car doesn't knock anymore and the brakes feel a LOT sharper than they did before lol

And i have a shiny new pipe that i can't even see lol!

The bits you can't see are always the most hassle. :frustrated:

Glad your sorted :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back