Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car Valuation Advise - Within Forum Rules??

McSwerve

Long term lurker here!

I've trawled through the various forum rules I can find, but couldn't find a definitive Y/N.

I have an early car that's difficult to put a price to, and would appreciate some advise from the collective if it's within the rules.

Any mods care to confirm?

Many thanks.

Everyone's a value expert on here, some are just more expert than others.
At the end of the day it's just an opinion what someone thinks a particular car maybe worth.
To answer your question, there is no site rule breach in giving an opinion on a given value of a car, unless of course if one is setting oneself up as some sort of online expert valuer of things as part of a business.

No problem at all.

Look forward to seeing details/pics of your car. :thumb:

Excellent, thanks all for coming back to me.

It's nothing that special, but had a Autofarm engine rebuild, so I'm struggling to gauge a value.
So briefly.
1998 C2 Manual Coupe
Mileage circa 127k
Body - Zenith Blue (Average condition) / Sunroof
Interior - Metropole Navy leather, very tidy.
Suspension - Fettled by Center Gravity last year with various arms, bushes, inner / outer tie rods and drop links renewed.
Exhaust - Top Gear loud back boxes went on last year, mated to 200 cell Top Gear cats (which I didn't know were there), so it's proper race car.
Engine Mounts - 964 / 993 RS ones from Type 911
Coils and Plugs - Replaced this year
Wheels / Tyres - One scuffed, Good PS4 on front / rears need changing soon.
Brakes - New Front Discs & Pads this year, also fluid.
Good Service History - People seem to get excitable about the definition of FSH, so I'd say good, as the book doesn't have any stamp space left!

And the differentiator, it had a replacement Silsleeve engine from Autofarm at around 75k.

So one for driving not polishing. Just the way I like it.

I'm far from convinced I should sell, but I'm guessing its worth £12-13k on a good day to an educated buyer?

Any thoughts?

That sounds around the right sort of ballpark. Mileage will be a factor for some and will limit the price you can achieve when lower mileage ones are available. Mine is slightly lower miles and hasn't had replacement engine but I got it for £9k. Same colour, age and similar spec

I don't suppose you are a million miles off. Finding that "Educated buyer" might be a challenge though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back