Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CAyman R PCM Retrofit

Magny-Cours
Read lots about retrofitting PCM3 into 987.1 cars, however not much info about 987.2

Is this just plug and play, does anyone know?

My R has Bluetooth and CDR 30 currently

I have an aftermarket Kenwood unit that came with the car (not fitted) but would prefer to go factory if its feasible, for warranty purposes

TIA

I doubt it will be plug and play i'm afraid .. i've never retrofitted one shall we say or even seen done it back in my OPC days .

There will be no nav , no antenna wires other than the standard and although the plug looks similar im unsure if it would just plug in and work.

If your serious i can study some wiring diagrams to see if it can be done but that will take a bit of time for me to work it out .

That's my thoughts unless someone knows better .. hopefully ... as i'm not afraid to be told im wrong :)

Appreciate you taking the time to reply

I was asking as I know people have fitted to earlier cars, and that was a big job, was hoping that as my car has all the newer quadlock connectors it may be slightly easier, but maybe not

Getting the Kenwood fitted would be the most straightforward, but obviously can cause issues at warranty renewal??

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back