Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Need a part to repair my cup holder

portreathbeach

I want to repair the cup holder in my 2004 Carrera S. The part that I need is a small metal pin which hinges part of the holder. I have attached a picture showing where the pin goes. Anyone know where I can get this pin from.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• cupholder_200.jpg
    cupholder_200.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,962
Not had one apart but if it fell apart in your ownership and recently, check your hoover! I have done similar jobs with a nail or rivet shaft cut to a suitable length retained by a drop of silicone. You could try a model shop for axles on a model railway engine depending on its size?

There is a repair kit for these but i don't know if the part you need is included ..

Table Number: 809_01
Position: 06w
Part Number: 99755290500
Description: Repair Kit, Flap, Torsion Spring, For, Beverages, Support
Notes:
Qty on Car: 1
Price (each): £10.03
Condition: New
Stock: Factory Order

https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?MAK=3&MDL=26&TBL=2886&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Personally i'm with Phil's answer :D

I've got a set of drill bits that are 1mm to 6mm in 0.1mm increments. I'll see if one of those fits and if so will cut one down and use that.

Cheers for the replys

Fixed

I just fixed the cup holder using a 2.2mm drill bit. I cut it to length and pushed it in.

A 2.1mm drill bit was OK, but I think it may have come out again. 2.2mm needed a little squeeze to get it in, but I think it'll stay there for good.

result :thumb:

Well done.
Slightly disappointed there are no details for Phil's method - any silicone involved there? Would be worried about anything too hot getting spilled too. :floor:

Although the cup holder works, the bottom part of the cup holder doesn't automatically go up when you push the thing back in. There seems to be some sort of rod missing.

I may have to take it out on the weekend for investigation. I think I'll have to take it out anyway, as I found an iPod lead in the car which leads to a Dension 500 unit. The Dension 500 didn't have the aux box, so I bought one and am going to take out the glove box and fit the aux box in there.

portreathbeach said:
Although the cup holder works, the bottom part of the cup holder doesn't automatically go up when you push the thing back in. There seems to be some sort of rod missing.

Mine was like that, if you take the whole unit out (2 allen bolts inside the glove box), you can then take the top off by undoing all the screws. You'll see there's a plastic rod attached to that cup support which goes to the back of the main arm and is attached to a small spring, carefully remove the rod, mine was broken at the spring end, i lightly super glued mine, then put some epoxy resin around the join, it's been fine for months now :thumb:

I also re-glued my carbon trim to the flap/door with epoxy, all held together perfect, less than a fiver from B&Q

Here's what it looks like when broken, there should be a plastic rod joined to the block with the spring on it, wish I'd taken a pic after I'd fixed it now, but hard to explain!

Attachments

• ea721945_d98f_4cec_a15e_e728c48083d6_212.jpeg
    ea721945_d98f_4cec_a15e_e728c48083d6_212.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,235

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back