Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Looks x2: Porsche Taycan Turbo

Porsche News

The Taycan isn't just another new EV, it's potentially a nail in the coffin of petrol-fuelled performance cars. Can Porsche pull it off? Well, let Top Gear Magazine's Jack Rix take you through all the nooks and crannies of the £116k all-electric, Porsche Taycan Turbo.

Sooooooooooooo much nicer in those colours rather than the MissionE white. :worship:

I'm not a fan of the front lights but other than that. :thumbs:

A Porsche Taycan turbo???
With no turbos, poor, very poor.
If you want to produce the car of the future drop old name tags.
Obviously a brilliantly engineered car, but I have no desire to own one.

Is this the modern day equivalent of having 'GT3' on the back of a non GT3 car :dont know:

:grin:

Regardless of the name, it's a stunning looking thing. And echoing the above, looks much better in any colour other than white.

Just give it 18 months for them to iron out the inevitable technical issues, and I'm in.

MarkFoster said:
Completely agree; what is the "Turbo" nonsense about?!

It is actually somewhat irrelevant - people with taste always start their configurations at "delete model inscription". Especially on the top models (which all manufacturers these days seem to ridiculously over-badge, allegedly because the far Eastern markets like it) :thumb:

991.2GTS said:
Regardless of the name, it's a stunning looking thing. And echoing the above, looks much better in any colour other than white.

Looks to me like a Panamera that an elephant sat on.

Am I alone in questioning this elec car epidemic? An electric car is only carbon neutral at the point of consumption. The electricity is generated elsewhere (in UK 80% fossil fuel and nuclear).

Lithium is a finite resource, and not as green as claimed, according to a leading research agency:

"mass production of lithium carbonate is not environmentally sound, it will cause irreparable ecological damage to ecosystems that should be protected and that LiIon propulsion is incompatible with the notion of the 'Green Car'"

Hybrid and full-elec cars have advanced hugely - great to drive with ball-breaking grunt.

Maybe hitting 50 makes me more cynical..!

T8 said:
Sooooooooooooo much nicer in those colours rather than the MissionE white. :worship:

I'm not a fan of the front lights but other than that. :thumbs:

I saw my fist Taycan in the metal yesterday, 3 of them in fact at Tonbridge OPC.

Colour does make a massive difference to how well they look. Volcano Grey looks nice, white doesn't.

It would look nicer with the 992 front end but otherwise imo it's a stunning looking car.

I just wish they'd made a petrol engined version 6 years ago as it would be nicely in my budget by now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back