Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More PA1000 woes

356downunder

I have a 1997 993S and it has the original alarm PA1000 system supplied by Hamilton and Palmer back when the car was new.

The car remains locked in my garage out of the sunlight most of the time with no issues whatsoever - however when I'm out and about in it and leave it parked and locked and with the sunroof closed the alarm often goes off when there is absolutely nobody around and no movement in the vicinity at all.

Parked outside our home with nobody near it can go off and the
only observation that I can make is that it only seems to happen on bright sunny days.

I'm wondering if you would have any advice on this at all.....could it possibly be heat related.

I'm going to call the Tech guru at H&P this week but any ideas or assistance appreciated!!!

I think from what has been posted on here you would be better off replacing it for a new up to date alarm system.

ATB :)

You can perform a diagnostic test for a PA1000 that shows what has caused the alarm to be triggered is as follows:

Unlock the car, turn the ignition on, press the remote fob lock button once then immediately the fob unlock button three times. The system internal sounder beeps each time you press the buttons. The system then sets off a series of flashes on the red alarm LED to identify what triggered the alarm:
2 flashes - doors
3 flashes - bonnet
4 flashes - boot
5 flashes - ultrasonic sensors
6 flashes - ignition

The flash sequence repeats 3 times with a bleep in between.

It might help to narrow where the issue is.

Hi Guys....thanks for all the feedback ......I thought that AndyS comment re the hot sunny days was a good laugh.
I spoke to Jim at H&P and what a wealth of info he has !!
Based on the info I gave him he concluded that the issue was "ultrasonic" and the hot thinner air inside the car would be the likely cause.
The Ultrasonic trigger can actually be disabled by getting into the box under the seat.....but it can also be temporarily disabled as follows:
Lock the car as per normal and on the full flash of the indicator it will lock.
Then immediately press the unlock button and the indicators will flash 3 times and this will disable the ultrasonic feature but the car will still be locked.
Will try this tomorrow and let you know !!
Cheers
Bob.

I can confirm that after locking the car and then immediately pressing the unlock button that this will disable the ultrasonic trigger whilst the car still remains locked.
Of course the real test for me was to leave the car out in the full sun which I did today (yes a nice hot winters day down here!!) and hope that the alarm did not go off as usually happened in direct sunlight.
Good news...no alarm went off so I assume that disabling the ultrasonic did the trick.
Also Stewart...thanks for your advice which was the same as I was given by Hamilton and Palmer.
If anyone has copy of the original pamphlet that came with the PA1000 from new and don't need it anymore then I'd be interested in it.
Thanks guys.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back