Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wayne Schofield Chipwizards: alternatives?

Counter Of Beans

Hockenheim
Consensus seems to be that Wayne Schofield is the go to for a 993 remap. But if you live on the south coast as I do, it's a loooong way to travel.
Is there anywhere at this end of the country that is as good, for a 993 remap, or is Chipwizards the only possibility?

I'm down in Devon and after lots of research decided to do the trip to Wayne.

In my view, worth it.

Counter Of Beans said:
Consensus seems to be that Wayne Schofield is the go to for a 993 remap. But if you live on the south coast as I do, it's a loooong way to travel.
Is there anywhere at this end of the country that is as good, for a 993 remap, or is Chipwizards the only possibility?

I'm in a similar position in Kent. As much as I like the idea of the trip, I know it's not going to happen.

Wayne is the only person for this job.

Not only can he map them for better performance, he can get the best out of the drive of the car. He also knows what to look for on the car as most of these cars have faults with resonance flap actuators and little things not working that make a big difference to the way the car drives and performs.

It will be worth the drive.

To echo the above, Wayne is the man for this. I travelled from Norn Iron for h and wasn't disappointed.

The problem with the 993 was that it was in the early days of electronic combustion control and Porsche where still learning themselves, in Waynes words they did not get it right. His live remap give a tailored solution from a proven improved baseline to get rid of the dead spot and improve the drive of the car across the power band. There is no one else with the experience of these engines to get the same results. your car gets a full performance health check at the same time. There is a reason all of the main engine tuners use him for these cars :thumb:

NB I think he did used to run sessions 'darn south" when there was demand and he was based there for race team tuning etc..... but that would have been in the days when there was more demand which obviously is much less these days. You could ask if he would be willing to do something remotely for a group but it may not be feasible now (eg if he is based somewhere doing race preps next year he could maybe look to book a dyno for a few days) ......no harm in asking :dont know:

Prepare your car, make sure everything is done (or at least recently done) oil, filters, plugs, leads, so you are happy with how it runs, then make a little road trip out of it, get some miles on the car, make sure you go via the Peak District for the last leg.
Your car will love you for it. :thumbs:

Did my C4S last year
It flies now
Much better right through the Rev range

Wayne ?
There is no substitute

Drive up and leave the car there
Then train it back.

Noooo spend the day with Waynes whilst he does it, it really is part of the experience. His new place has a viewing window and you get to chew the fat with him over coffee etc......he is a really nice guy :wink:

OK folks, that is pretty unanimous then! I suppose I could combine a trip to Center Gravity followed straight away by a second leg up the M6 to flat cap and whippet country? Better start saving the pennies!

I know this might be a how long is piece of string question but what sort of bill can one expect from Wayne?

He has a new bells and whilstles web site so you can book easier, used to be a nightmare to get hold of him as he is so busy.

There is a pre set price structure for each car. With a 993 4 wheel drive is slightly more as he has to disconnect the system for the dyno.

well worth a read of the full website as its funny ;-)

You have to pay up front now which is purely to stop time wasters

https://chipwizards.co.uk/

jonttt said:
He has a new bells and whilstles web site so you can book easier, used to be a nightmare to get hold of him as he is so busy.

There is a pre set price structure for each car. With a 993 4 wheel drive is slightly more as he has to disconnect the system for the dyno.

well worth a read of the full website as its funny ;-)

You have to pay up front now which is purely to stop time wasters

https://chipwizards.co.uk/

Thanks, very informative. They are properly Up North, which is a shame for us Southerners.

Where they say no leaks would that include small oil weeps?

Small oil leaks on a 993 are 'normal" :thumb:

It's really anything that would either stop him from being able to run safely at speed on the dyno or downright dangerous. He told me you would be amazed at some of the literally half built cars he has seen rock up expecting him to perform miracles :grin:

Ask Richard Chamberlain at CTR who he uses as its someone local to him I believe.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back