Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 26 days as a GT3 Owner

As others here have said, had the incident panned out differently; you'd clipped a kerb as a result, you'd gone well off the road, or worse yet, hit someone else, this could have been very, very different. A lucky escape, but a worrying one. You could have ended up carrying the can, or worse still, for the whole thing when, in fact, it was a mechanical failure.

Were it a 991.1 it would be worrying enough, but on an even newer car, it's very concerning.

Glad you have had a reasonably satisfactory resolution with the OPC.

I'd have handed it back also as without 100% faith in a 911's safety, I could never enjoy it.

You are a VERY lucky guy!

IMO 911's have simply joined the technology and arguably bloated bells and whistles car arms race, with so much more to go wrong or fail.

This may help explain why values of less complex but bomb proof 996 and 997 GT and RS's are starting to head north in terms of long term/used car ownership.

Some Indy's wont touch the 991.1GT3's for stock or will low-ball trade-in values.

Wow...sorry to read about this. Imagine if this had happened on track ? I wonder if it's a known issues given they sorted it out so quickly.

Glad to hear you got your money back and interesting that they'd taken a £1k deposit against a Taycan which I don't believe they are supposed to do. Porsche GB policy is deposits only against cars once they are actually confirmed. I've had my name down for a Taycan for 18 months and placed a deposit on the day it was announced last week.

Cheib said:
Wow...sorry to read about this. Imagine if this had happened on track ? I wonder if it's a known issues given they sorted it out so quickly.

Glad to hear you got your money back and interesting that they'd taken a £1k deposit against a Taycan which I don't believe they are supposed to do. Porsche GB policy is deposits only against cars once they are actually confirmed. I've had my name down for a Taycan for 18 months and placed a deposit on the day it was announced last week.

They claim it's not a known issue. But they said the same about the water pump failure I had on the 991.2 GTS, which, if rennlist is to be believed, isn't strictly true.

As regards the Taycan deposit, I've also had an OPC offer to take a deposit off me for a 992 GTS. It wouldn't surprise me if it's against Porsche GB's policy, but I suspect there are lots of things some of these franchise owners do that Porsche might frown upon.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back