Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mercedes W205 rear piston calliper wind in

spongebob squarepants

Stupidly thought I'll do rear pads on Merc, hrs job I'm thinking! So first procedure is to get to the fitting position, by holding phone/ok buttons brings up menu for brake pad replace my with parking brake off which retracts the pistons into the supposed fitting position.

These are the callipers with the electronic hbrake attached.

So all good but still miles off enough space for the new pads to fit, no matter what I do, turning clockwise pushing I can't get them to retract anymore :frustrated: :dont know: :? I can't find any specific tool that looks like it will fit, anyone any ideas?.

According to a bit of googling, the EPB retract procedure only releases the tension on the parking brake motors, you have to manually wind the pistons back into the calipers.

"Open the calipers
Using the SPi diagnostic tool or manufacturer-specific EPB tool, connect to the vehicle's DLC. Depending on which tool the technician is using, select EPB through the menu and press the 'OPEN' calipers option. This electronically relaxes the handbrake mechanism but does not 'wind' the pistons back. The user will hear the EPB motor retracting and, once relaxed, the worn pads can be removed and manual 'wind back' can occur (the EPB tool does not need to be connected during the mechanical process of this procedure)."

Hope this helps, it`s about all I could find :thumb:

kurlykris said:
According to a bit of googling, the EPB retract procedure only releases the tension on the parking brake motors, you have to manually wind the pistons back into the calipers.

"Open the calipers
Using the SPi diagnostic tool or manufacturer-specific EPB tool, connect to the vehicle's DLC. Depending on which tool the technician is using, select EPB through the menu and press the 'OPEN' calipers option. This electronically relaxes the handbrake mechanism but does not 'wind' the pistons back. The user will hear the EPB motor retracting and, once relaxed, the worn pads can be removed and manual 'wind back' can occur (the EPB tool does not need to be connected during the mechanical process of this procedure)."

Hope this helps, it`s about all I could find :thumb:

Yep but it's the manual wind back bit I can't get to happen :nooo:

Have you tried asking on the MBclub.co.uk forum, they are normally quite a good bunch of guys, a bit like here on 911uk :grin:

I can ask the guys who service mine if they know, I don`t have the EPB though :thumb:

kurlykris said:
Have you tried asking on the MBclub.co.uk forum, they are normally quite a good bunch of guys, a bit like here on 911uk :grin:

I can ask the guys who service mine if they know, I don`t have the EPB though :thumb:

Just joined and asked the question :grin:

I'd be interested in knowing the answers if you get one

spongebob squarepants said:
kurlykris said:

Just joined and asked the question :grin:

Try and sell a number plate on there too just for a laugh :grin:

:thumb:

I just took the so**ing callipers off in the end, pushed in easily once removed, just refitted and bled, brakes brilliant now, those pads were low :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back