Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 26 days as a GT3 Owner

Bloody hell. Glad to hear that nobody was hurt, and getting your money back so quickly is another great result... Don't let it put you off GT cars though, doesn't seem to be much talk of such rear steering faults, so hopefully yours was a one-off / isolated incident

:thumb:

easternjets said:
Hi Graham, such a shame to hear about what's happened to your car. I know that stretch of road and as you say it was just luck that there were no other motorists or bikers giving yahoo coming the other way.
I can't even begin to imagine the sh@t storm that would have caused if there had been an accident.
For a securing bolt to go on a major component such as rear suspension is mildly suspicious and hence the reason they were quick to take the car back, I know your a big Porsche fan so you'll soon be back and if it's in a Macan Turbo then you'll be in a good car again.
Hope to catch up again soon as we should be organising our annual end of year run out soon.

Thanks mate. Had it happened on some of the roads I'd been on the day before, I might have ended up at the bottom of a valley. So, that makes me feel both blessed, but also pretty angry.

I can't wait to get back in a Macan, this will be my third and I've never had a moments problem with those. It's just 911's I seem to have no luck with. I hope to see you and the NE chapter again soon.

do you wear expensive undercrackers?

if so put some Nutella in the gooch area and send them to the pr4tt at OPC and ask him to refund those too. look at what your poorly maintained GT3 done to my Calvin kleins. get some white ones for the full tiger stripe effect

dreadful experience, poor OPC response and glad you are ok as metal can be fixed easily and no one hurt.

Very interesting tale glad your ok. I wonder how this would of played out if you had clipped the kerb and damaged a wheel. I don't thing the opc would've been so quick on the refund, lucky escape. What's next car wise?

Sorry to hear of your scary experience and pleased you were unscathed!

Cunno said:
Very interesting tale glad your ok. I wonder how this would of played out if you had clipped the kerb and damaged a wheel. I don't thing the opc would've been so quick on the refund, lucky escape. What's next car wise?
10000000000000%

Sorry to see that OP. I think you are bob on with the loss on the PX, they owe you.

Seems obvious that the car has had some track life with the tyres thing, even so there's loads out there done plenty of track work with no issues let alone at that low a mileage.

The TWS is always going to be a potential weak spot at some point but I don't think that's just fatigue, more like someone didn't tighten a bolt properly..

Graham .1 here,
luckily you are ok & lucky you weren't really pushing as the car was new to you,
it looked an amazing car, however I understand as it tried to kill you, lost confidence in this one.
We all admire these cars & look forward to seeing you next time at one of FZP`s meets.

Don't let this put you off, if you can afford a GT version, I for one would love to admire it at one of our meets, which is for me one of the nice things about owning them, we are all like minded similar guys with a passion for Porsche.
Can feel safe in the knowledge that we all love proper sports cars & can park them safely to discuss the ins & outs. :thumbs:

A quick update on this. Leeds OPC have now refunded me for the costs incurred, and also returned my Taycan deposit.

And while I'm far from happy with the whole experience, it's time to put this to bed and move on.

991.2GTS said:
A quick update on this. Leeds OPC have now refunded me for the costs incurred, and also returned my Taycan deposit.

And while I'm far from happy with the whole experience, it's time to put this to bed and move on.
Glad you are sorted and fair play to OPC as they really couldn't of done much more.

easternjets said:
Are you still going for the Macan Turbo?

Yes, that's locked in. The bloke who owns the car storage I use has a contact at Colchester OPC, and I've decided to give them a go. They've sorted me with a September build slot, with delivery before the end of October. This is the final spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLK7SFU7

That's a good spec, it's a good colour. I really liked the Met Green when I saw it in the flesh, tbh I don't think I've seen a Macan in an unlikeable colour.

Did you cancel the Taycan over what happened with the GT3 or was it more a protest vote over their service.

To be fair I think they've been pretty fair with you but on the flip side they wouldn't want it going to court.

I looked at a 991 GTS at an OPC a few years ago, was a really nice car. I later found out it was an ex Porsche experience centre car! I really think these ex Porsche cars shouldn't be allowed to be sold on the dealership forecourts, they should be auctioned as ex Porsche cars then no one gets stung.

easternjets said:
That's a good spec, it's a good colour. I really liked the Met Green when I saw it in the flesh, tbh I don't think I've seen a Macan in an unlikeable colour.

Did you cancel the Taycan over what happened with the GT3 or was it more a protest vote over their service.

To be fair I think they've been pretty fair with you but on the flip side they wouldn't want it going to court.

I looked at a 991 GTS at an OPC a few years ago, was a really nice car. I later found out it was an ex Porsche experience centre car! I really think these ex Porsche cars shouldn't be allowed to be sold on the dealership forecourts, they should be auctioned as ex Porsche cars then no one gets stung.

I nearly went with Crayon for the Macan, but I'm not sure it works as well as it does on a 911. The last one I had was Volcano Grey, and I really like it. The Mamba Green looks good too, but a bit too bold for me.

As regards the Taycan, it was a combination of things. I was considering asking for my deposit back anyway because of all the issues they've had with the 992. I thought being an early adopter on the Taycan might not be the best idea. And when this happened with the GT3, it made the decision a lot easier.

The plan now is to keep the Macan for 18 months and see where we are then with the Taycan. And hopefully by the time I do order one, the charging infrastructure might have improved and they'll have ironed out any issues with the tech.

I think that you've probably made a wise move there.

Read the Autocar test on the Taycan and they were very impressed with it. The other thing is the price seems to have jumped considerably with the Turbo S (no turbo in sight) costing £140,000, they said that the Turbo was the better car, especially so regarding the brakes which they claim can be only used 20% of the time so the Carbon Option is a but of a waste.
And the other thing is depreciation, nobody has a crystal ball but electric cars do seem to punished on S/H values.
Also with the uptake of electric cars being fairly low I don't think you'll have to wait long to get one if you change your mind.
Also a journalist ran an E/V as a test and said that he was pulling his hair out, firstly finding charge points and then setting up the accounts on his smart phone to pay for the use of them. Different if you have a car that has a long range but if you do a spirited run out trying to find a charge point in upper Teesdale may prove challenging!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back