Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I bought a C4 sight unseen off eBay for £8k

NotoriousREV said:
sillysally1 said:
NotoriousREV said:
Guess who's back?

No way! Great news and congrats!

Are we allowed to ask what the damage was?

I'm trying not to think about it :eek:

Anyway, I highly recommend Unique Porsche in Bolton. They did an excellent job, fantastic attention to detail, great comms throughout and nowhere near as much as it could have been. Total was under £4k, including £600 for the head, which needed a new valve seat (it had already been skimmed, soda blasted and pressure tested). I had new cam chains and guides whilst it was apart, plus a few other bits. My air con works now, too.

Also confirmed all the Hartech work had been done: uprated IMS and bearing, cylinder strengthening, coolant mods. It should be pretty much bullet proof now (fingers crossed).

Brilliant news! :)

12008s but still a good value outcome I think.

I'm fact in some ways an even better one. You now have a fully sorted car, which is a know quantity, and still all for the cost of an engine rebuild.

Welcome back, enjoy the car with renewed confidence!

Griffter said:

I'm fact in some ways an even better one. You now have a fully sorted car, which is a know quantity, and still all for the cost of an engine rebuild.

Cheers! That's my view: I know exactly what I have now. Hopefully it'll be fine for the foreseeable future.

Griffter said:

Hey well done, you've now got a great 911 Carrera - in time that small cost price will pale into insignificance as the values rise for these models, yours is a chaep car considering how good it now is. :thumb:

Cheers both! I'll settle for not depreciating and not costing me any serious money for the next couple of years.

Just found this thread Dave, didn't realise you bought it from Sterling, they seem to have interesting stock and I like the try before you buy concept. Looking at past ads there was a black C4 with aerokit in July which would have been perfect for me but alas I don't have a time machine :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back