Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Endoman said:
BobbyT said:
First time post on this thread so here goes

1. Service and MOT booked in for this Friday
2. Air con being sorted in October (fingers crossed). Ive booked her in with Alpinair. Sam seems to know what he is talking about.
3. Noticed a rust bubble on drivers door, so Kieran and Harpenden Classics etc is sorting that out
4. New set of lights arrived the other day to go with the rear reflector and headlight lenses i have had sitting in the garage for over a year. Just need to decide what to do with the fog lamps. I am leaning towards replacing with air ducts (can get them painted when the door is being sorted), beets 300quid for a new fog lamp.

Phew that's it for now

Do get the genuine Tubo S ducts from Gert some of the cheap copies are just that. I didn't bother with the brake cooling just left is as an extra vent to the front rads with a short length of trunking for a more finished look.
The new led fogs are converted to DRLs and an extra bulb put in for parking lights.

Thanks for the tip but i think i am going for think I am going to try just the ducts at 99quid from desig 911. Gerts at 460 euro are a bit rich for something I've never used and probably wont.

Cheers
Bob

Billy Bumpsteer said:
Im sorry but your quite wrong, the aftermarket versions are spot on and at £100 a set, a fair saving on the Porsche versions at £450 ish. When fitted they are completely indistinguishable from Genuine.

I have to second that, not the "wrong" bit, I think there is always an argument for original parts. However I got a £100 set from Type 911 and they seem really great. My local spray shop did the job, I fitted them myself and they look good. I would say the only tricky thing was fitting the lights.

I've got the £99 jobby from Design911. Only issue I seem to have is that one of the bulbs is very intermittent - thought it was a wiring issue but I've had numerous people check it and it still seems to have a life of its own. Other than that I think they look great even though they aren't factory parts.

Unless you are replacing a defective/broken unit on a genuine 993 RS / Turbo etc., the £460 option makes no sense..

Shocked to see the price of OE Turbo S ducts. I got mine ages ago to replace some I got off ebay which would not accept the Hella lamps,they were much cheaper then, sorry about that.
The Hella lamp units were available quite cheaply but needed a bit of wiring and led festoons. The Techart ones are even more ridiculously priced and are a pain to fit. I find front fogs superfluous anyway with the Morimoto projectors as the cut off is so sharp and foreground illumination excellent.

Four wheels refurbished standard silver at Lepsons including centre caps: £423.60 incl. VAT. Drove car there and done in a week.

Next job brake calipers...

Finally got around to collecting my Speedlines from a mate who collected them from the Seller on my behalf..!

..and WOW.. :eek: They. Are. Bloody lovely..

Attachments

• 48701704556_5f5e0a3757_b_135.jpg
    48701704556_5f5e0a3757_b_135.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 3,227
  • 48701871627_4390155e75_b_787.jpg
    48701871627_4390155e75_b_787.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 3,227
  • 48701366918_94734b20b3_b_787.jpg
    48701366918_94734b20b3_b_787.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 3,227
Chemical guys wheel guard is the kiddie for these kingroon. :thumb:

C.

That's the stuff. Great on both lacquered, painted and bare alloy wheel surfaces. :thumb:

C.

Maxcoat wheel guard

Less than £20 on eBay.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back