Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Improving throttle response in 997 gen 1 c2s

Here you go - get a pair of these race boots. Same effect as a sprint booster.
1ruxHB9.jpg

Mezgerite said:
Phil 997 said:
Mezgerite said:
Fit a solid flywheel. It makes a massive difference to response.

It does, but unless its a track car isn't the NVH and chatter unliveable with . I am sure thats the feedback I got when looking at that mod. :?: :dont know:

If you use the OEM GT3 RS4.0 clutch plate it isn't an issue.

thats worth knowing :thumb: :thumb:

Kettmark said:
Phil 997 said:
Before spending lots of money try fitting a sprint booster , this fools the throttle into thinking your driving much more aggresivly than you are , the old style has 3 settings the new has multi settings . this worked really well on my 997.1 tip when I had it and is not an expensive mod to do. it yours a tip car or manual

Mine's a manual. Does a sprint booster work on a manual car?

Any idea as to cost including fitting?

They do sprint boosters for manual and auto just be sure you buy the correct one. cost is under £200 and fitting is a 10 min job to try it , and if happy then a little longer to route the cable and controller to where you want them .

this is worth a read
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums...nt-booster-my-997-c2-instructions-w-pics.html

There will always be those that say a sprint boosters only the same as having a heavy foot and stamping on the go button all the time , but in reality we dont drive like that on normal roads so we need a devise that fools the car into thinking your doing that when your actually driving with regular foot pressure . who actually stamps on the go pedal all the time. :grin:

https://www.facebook.com/projectdriveaustralia/videos/1924654490878682/

+1 Sprint Booster, plan to get one on my Boxster.

Phil 997 said:
Mezgerite said:
Phil 997 said:
Mezgerite said:
Fit a solid flywheel. It makes a massive difference to response.

It does, but unless its a track car isn't the NVH and chatter unliveable with . I am sure thats the feedback I got when looking at that mod. :?: :dont know:

If you use the OEM GT3 RS4.0 clutch plate it isn't an issue.

thats worth knowing :thumb: :thumb:

Indeed. I have a lightweight flywheel in the other car, and although it is less than half the weight of the original, and solid instead of dual mass, it isn't 'unliveable', it's just a bit rattly at idle in neutral.

And given the car already squeals (pads), scrapes sometimes (front lip, lower brace), and pops (exhaust) as I come to a halt for the lights, a tiny bit more noise when sitting at a red light doesn't make any difference to my daily life. Even if I do get the odd look from time to time.

I can't imagine it's so much more crap in a 911, but if there is an OEM solution, I'd be looking at it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back